Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, ever since I got my frontier I have wanted some roll/bed bars for it. Mostly just for looks. I like the "80s" look. I have looked at every site and there are none that say they fit a 2015 (besides some sketchy Chinese site). I think I found some that for older years but none for the past 3 years. If you know where I can find some cool bars to fit please let me know. I found one place to do really nice custom work called sterling equipment inc. but I wonder if there are some I can just easily order. I like the ones on sterling equipment site. As well as some go rhino bars, the classic thick bars. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Most any part made for an 2005 to current are going to fit as the truck has simply not changed much since then... The aftermarket simply does not keep up with updating the catalog yearly...

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
I know just what you mean. That classic look. I guess growing in and watching those old movies with the trucks jacked up, and then getting older and watching on weekends the car shows where they were restoring old trucks. I've often debated about adding those bars, but I would lose my (or have to get a different) bed cover, and if I added the lights, I don't think it would fit in the garage anymore...

At any rate, I keep going back to this post when I start wondering again...

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f10/bed-mounted-light-bar-38234/#post587167

·
Registered
544 Posts
Ahh, the old double tube bumpers. Yea, I miss those too.
I had built one out of some 3/16" wall x 2-7/8" Drill Tube for the back of my 89 Isuzu Pickup that I'd actually like to have back today in place of the tin foil rear bumpers that we have today. I got rear ended on a frozen road and the Chevy truck bumper all but folded under, while my truck had no damage whatsoever...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been looking for these too .. I was in Mexico for a week of vacation, and pretty much every Frontier (well every pickup actually) has roll bars, but here in Canada I can't even find a place online to order from. I may have to see if I can order from Mexico, LOL!

I saw this when I was down there, pretty extreme, though:

Personally, I'm looking for something more like this:

I have a rollup tonneau cover, so I need the roll bars to bolt onto the bed rail .. why is it so hard to find them here? Have they been made illegal, or just out of fashion??

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I was looking into these for months and could not find one for the new fronty. I would have gotten this one, if and only if, the blackhorse carving was not there and of course if they made one for the frontier, which they do not:

https://www.carid.com/black-horse/bed-bar-mpn-rb001bk.html?view=013463&gclid=Cj0KEQjwy4zLBRCOg6-4h6vs3cUBEiQAN-yzfg8DNYmLZB4QHleADzB5SpXWl_MDo63M05NH3c0LlEMaAtA38P8HAQ

However, I am sure you can have one custom made, but it will cost you plenty...
it loooks like the blackhorse panel is a bolt in piece.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Yeah, I believe so, but they do not make one for our truck size anyways.
I see your in Orange County. Check out "Wright Fabrication" in Garden Grove. He can whip that out no problem.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Since it is more visual than structural,ask to have it built in CREW.Lot cheaper material cost rather than DOM or cromoly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts