Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an 08 Nismo that came with the RF 6 disc stero and the little sub under the rear seat. I was wondering if anyone knew if/where the amp is. Would it be built into the stero? Just wondering because a friend of mine got his Altima with the Boss system and it physically had an amp. Is the RF that way?
Thanks ahead of time for the info!!!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
not sure if this is a physical amp but try under the rear seat on the passenger side. assuming you have a crew cab.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I got a Crew Cab. I'm curious if the amp is built in because I may be upgrading the speakers tomorrow but they are very high quality speakers and I need to know if its worth it to keep the head unit or plan on replacing at the same time as the speakers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The amp is under the pass seat it does not have a fancy cover over it or anything and has been spec'ed to those exact speakers. I you are looking to add a new head unit or new sub the only one that is worth addding the the JL 10w1 and will take up the space on the pass side where the storage spot is. You will need a different amp but should be able to pull the L/R RCA's from it and you would not have to change out the head unit. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahhhh.... very nice to know. I like JL audio but for the $ I dont like it that much. I've had kickers in the past and I love them thats why I am considering going with an L7 SoloB. The BIG reason why I want to know about the stock amp is I am torn between going with components first or bass first. I am not sure how I want to start it off.
And Thanks for the advice yes it helped!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
you should already have the components in the back doors and 6x9's in the front doors with 3 1/2" mid's in the dash. Depending on what type of music you listen too, I would recommend that you add the bass and the amp first. The reason being is if you change the fronts and doors you would need to replace the stock amp and all speakers as they are a set to different oms and crossover freq which may not suit your new components.

I would also agree with the kickers as they have a bit more punch to them however, the JL's will hit lower and smoother but again depends on what you like and what music you listen too. Rock = kicker Rap = JL

Enjoy

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
lol sorry... when I say components thats how me and my brother know we mean DLS components. The plan is to do DLS all around becuase, I absolutely cream myself everytime I hear them, and I planned on just running them off the stock head unit for now until I get another 5ch. amp to run the entire truck. But like I said that was just the plan, I still dont know what I want to do first. And hey your spot on there with the JL vs. Kicker. I listen to anything but more rock :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts