Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this was a problem on my '06 but I just figured it was because I had larger tires with the factory mud flaps removed. But it seems it's a bigger issue, I just noticed the first couple rock chips in the rear area of my new '09 with 500 miles! I have not even taken it on a dirt road yet, but here's a picture of where the prone area seems to be... Any ideas on how to prevent the chips?

I have heard of the 3M protective film, anyone use this?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I can buy the stuff on eBay and trim it myself for about 60 bucks. I was really just wondering how everyone else deals with it.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
xpel is awesome. best mod i ever did, kept my plastic front bumper scuff- and scratch-less for the last 3+ years...

i should have thought about it for the rockers, but they didnt make a kit and it never crossed my mind at the time. now its too late.

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
I have stone chips in all of those areas, the truck came with them (pre-owned).
They suck balls, but apparently it's inherent in the truck body's design.
I just keep wax on them so rust doesn't start and live with them.

Since your truck is new I'd definitely get some of that 3M stuff or the equivalent for protection if you don't want them getting worse.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i had rock chips all over the rockers but the big area was right in front of the rear tires on both sides, i purchased the OEM step rails but that didnt take care of the problem completely, so i had my rockers and fenders sprayed with linex...its a bit expensive but it did the job...plus it looks pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
I have the same problem, my solution rhino lining quarterpanels down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts