Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 Frontier Se 4x4 6 speed.
So when driving I feel a grinding or roar in the gas pedal. More so when I let off the gas pedal. When pressing pedal I don't feel it. It's worse with Ac turned on and my compressor makes a loud noise.

This feeling in the pedal I thought was coming from the Ac, but have now realized it's there all the time, feels like it's a rotation. I have installed new wheel hub bearing complete both sides new axles both sides.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be? Would front differential produce this effect in pedal? Clutch plate? The sound is very faint the roaring/ grinding is what it feels like in a vibration felt in the gas pedal.

AC on the feeling in the pedal is more intense

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Operating machinery normally vibrates.
If this is so faint you can't locate the source, I wouldn't worry until it gets worse.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I decided I'm going to do all my u joints and carrier. Does any one know part number for moog that I need and which carrier to get? I have had some bad luck on ordering wrong parts lately. Rock auto showed moog 269 or moog 280, looked them up on Amazon for faster shipping and amazon saying not compatible with my truck. Truck is 4x4 6 speed with Dana 44 rear.

·
Premium Member
6,391 Posts
I could probably use new u joints. But in past bad u joint I usually feel a jerk. Carrier bearing could be it. Definitely going check it out.
I had one go bad on my last truck and it was a vehicle speed based rumble/roar that came on so gradually I didn't notice it at first. it was the rear u joint on the driveshaft. 2wd Ford Ranger, if it matters any.

·
Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
So I decided I'm going to do all my u joints and carrier. Does any one know part number for moog that I need and which carrier to get? I have had some bad luck on ordering wrong parts lately. Rock auto showed moog 269 or moog 280, looked them up on Amazon for faster shipping and amazon saying not compatible with my truck. Truck is 4x4 6 speed with Dana 44 rear.
According to the Moog catalog, Front shaft calls for 269 (non-greaseable) or 280 (greaseable), depending on your preference. Rear shaft calls for 254 (non-greaseable) or 270 (greaseable).

For the driveshaft support bearing, I would stick with genuine Nissan based on my experience with them, part # 37520-ZP90A.

Reactions: shift_RUSH
1 - 8 of 8 Posts