1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
596 Posts
Wow, these new trucks have really gotten out of hand price-wise. Guess I'll be keeping my old Nismo 'til the end of time …. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
At this rate (plus the whole Ghosn situation) the Rivian will be available for purchase before the next generation Frontier LOL

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Hopefully it is endowed w/ 'Transformer' abilities...cuz that front end is - just - not - good.

·
Registered
66 Posts
So what happens when you need to take anything 8 ft long (drywall, lumber)? Or you are going off the beaten path in the bush to go to a good fishing spot? It seems like a mall crawler or a pavement princess to me. We need more real trucks.

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
So what happens when you need to take anything 8 ft long (drywall, lumber)? Or you are going off the beaten path in the bush to go to a good fishing spot? It seems like a mall crawler or a pavement princess to me. We need more real trucks.
Here we go with the "real truck" thing again LOL

You can't carry 8-ft long lumber in a Frontier bed either without it hanging off the back...

·
Registered
733 Posts
n when youre in out there in the mountains and run out of gas..... the simple folks in town will just look at you funny like,,... you got an electric truck????? n will laugh at you while they drive off in their 1970s diesel with 400k miles

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry, just noticed sight I posted didn't have specs that matter.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autos-trucks/rivian-r1t-electric-truck-has-400-mile-range-and-supercar-acceleration/ar-BBQ751B
Let's see, 800hp, 11000lb towing capacity, front and rear skid plates, probably an underside smoother than a babys bottom, 5" of adjustable ride height, 400mi range, on board 110v and compressor, 1 meter water crossing capability. Throw some m/t's on it and embarrass some well built rigs while saving the planet. Still butt-a$$ ugly though! Lol.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here we go with the "real truck" thing again LOL

You can't carry 8-ft long lumber in a Frontier bed either without it hanging off the back...

Yes I will agree that the frontier has overhang but with the 6 foot bed you end up with less than 2 feet over hang and dont have to worry about snapping an 8ft sheet of drywall, a 4 foot 6 inch bed you have 3 1/2 feet of over hang. To me, as a person that uses my truck as a truck, that means i have to put flags on the end as its over 3 feet overhang and then I have to worry about the board cracking/ snaping. Which means more work/materials for same rate.

As for the off road specs posted, it would be interesting to see the durability of it all long term. The elctric motors and water kinda scare me. But hey electric cars seem to be doing fine in the snow and salt of winter.

·
Registered
541 Posts

·
Rogue Admin
12,840 Posts
The bed is reportedly 55 inches long. That's not a pickup, that's a fashion statement.
Just like a short bed Frontier? >:D Long box love all day. ;)

Electric vehicles are coming, some areas (like my province) are setting legislation for mandatory electric new car sales volumes. Not sure how we are going to afford and power the charge stations and electrical infrastructure required, but the gov seems intent on ramming this down our throats. I'm buckling in and watching the ride

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wouldn't mind it if the oil companies would quit derailing the electric car evolution. To have electric cars really take off here like in other parts of the world, the companies need to LEASE the battery packs instead of leaving it to the owners to purchase a new battery pack @ $5 to $10k every 7 to 10 years. Or they just dump the car for the next sucker that has a huge purchase a short time after buying a reasonably priced used electric car.
I remember not too long ago when weather wasn't the "norm", parts of the country would have black-outs and rolling brown-outs. Not sure how much they beefed up the electric infrastructure in recent years, but by the looks of roads and bridge maintenance around here, I'm not very confident.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The prius is a cool idea. I think there is sone real potental witj the electric cars. I myself wont get one untill i am able to charge in my underground. And that wont hapoen. Dont even have an outlet for light.

·
Registered
733 Posts
an all wheel drive prius........ hmmmmm

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yes I will agree that the frontier has overhang but-
Exactly, thanks /forums/images/ClubFrontier/smilies/tango_face_grin.png
Lol Still holding out for a midsize crew cab with an 8 ft bed, 4x4 and standard transmission. Damn dodge 2500 is to tall and wide for the underground 😝

1 - 20 of 35 Posts