Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just learned that member @whistler had recently passed away. In the last 6 months or so he had been posting a lot since he was bedridden and CF was his outlet. Though I did not know him personally I became "on-line" friends with him here and on FB. He had been battling cancer and I could tell he was declining due to the lack of clarity in his posts. Since I had not seen him post recently I decided to look him up on FB and found this:
Screenshot 2021-04-01 150334.png

Of what I know he was a machinist in the aerospace industry dealing mostly with outer space stuff. He had served in our Military and had a passion for offroad desert racing and built a race truck out of a Frontier.

Let's take a moment to remember our fellow Frontier Brother.
RIP Glen.

·
Super Moderator
11,068 Posts
That’s so sad, he was a very active member here and his input will be missed.

Clint

·
Registered
775 Posts
Damn! That stinks! RIP Whistler. Hope you win every desert race in the sky!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I’m really sad to hear this.. Glenn was the one person to reach out to me in a pm to tell me if I needed anything, had any questions to give him a call. That wasn’t too long after I joined. Something made me think about him the other day.. RIP my friend.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Man. One of my favorites. I know I’ll miss him, though we never met.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Rest in Peace, Glenn. May the dunes always rise up to meet you.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Oh damn, a shame to lose his presence around here. His knowledge will live on in his many postings! Rest in peace.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Thank you for letting us know. RIP Whistler.

Reactions: Zedbra

·
Registered
2019, Nissan Frontier SV 4x4, Arctic Blue.
702 Posts
Well that's a real shame. I barely knew Whistler, (from only a couple short conversations on the forum) I could tell he was having fun till the end though, he even made a couple lighthearted jokes about the inevitable. I personally was hoping he'd be around for a couple more years just to get his helpful input. I was worried when I hadn't seen him on in a couple weeks. I sincerely hope that he was able to leave enough his advice on here to really help the future generations as it seemed like that was really his goal near the end.

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,736 Posts
Oh, that just hits me hard. Glenn and I have been chatting back and forth for years and I always liked his swings of humour versus grumpiness; then all facts or all fun. My kinda person, through and through. I'll never need to help him login again as he'll be saying to me 'that's just stupid' from my mind moving forth. Bounce the rev limiter in the sky, amigo, we'll chat again when my time comes to put the pedal to the metal.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Crew Cab
222 Posts
Rest in peace. I was curious about what was going on with him, he alluded to being ill in some posts here and there.

·
Registered
718 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Thanks for contributing to the forum man. I haven’t had an opportunity to talk to ya but I appreciate the advice on your forums and what u commented on mine. Rest In Peace man

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Damn. I thought it had been quiet around here. Gonna miss the jokes and typos, as well as advice.

I'll be raising a glass in his memory this evening, rest in peace @whistler

1 - 20 of 48 Posts