Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys. I didn't get to try it myself but here is the story. I took my rims (Allied Wheels renegade 6 18x8.5 +12mm offset, 5.25" backspace" in to get the tires mounted (BFG KO AT 275/65/18). They called me up and said that the front rims wont go on because its hitting the front brake calipers (rear okay). I couldnt go down to the shop because i was at work and right after that i had to go to school, so now im back with my stock rims and $1800.00 worth of tires and rims in the bed of my truck. I have been reading and man guys have been putting on rims with +25mm offset with no problem. So what gives? In the event that i need to get a space kit, does any Oahu frontier drivers know where i can get one like tomorrow??? got my alignment appointment on friday so I need to find a solution in 2 days. Below is a link to the rims I got. Any help would be great. Thanks Aloha

Raceline Wheels - Wheel Specifications

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
its not about the offset when the wheel hits the brake caliper. its about the design of the wheel. the spokes have to move away from the mounting surface to clear the caliper. some wheels have a "spacer" built into the wheel to help with caliper clearance.

how bad is it rubbing is the main question right now. if its a slight rub, then you might be able to shave a little off the calipers. if its more than that, you might be able to get away with some spacers up front. you should be able to turn up some research on that here, or the tire shop should be able to guide you.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Just an FYI, I have yet to see anyone run a "spacer". Finding longer studs seem to be the main problem. Most just choose to go with adapters but make sure you go with hub centric at 1.25" minimum since the studs are just over an inch in length.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As of right now im not sure how much it is touching. I am going to find out tonight after work. Not to fond of grinding the caliper... i mean if we are talking 1/16 or 1/8 then maybe, but anymore then that is a no for me. If i need to get a 1.25" spacer they are going to cost me about 140 a set so im trying to stay away from that. this whole rim time deal is for sure murphy's law...

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Why don't you just cancel the alignment appointment and roll with what you have until you find exactly what you want? This will eliminate the time crunch and make life a lot easier.

·
Registered
572 Posts
well im gonna sell my spacer adapters 6x4.5-6x5.5 2" spidertraxx let me know brother

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
still no luck

so i canceled the alignment and the rims dont fit so i have to get a spacer. rims and tires are stacked up on the side just looking good doing nothing... sucks. everywhere on island doesnt carry a adapter 4.5" bolt pattern so i guess i have to look online. anyone know where i can get a quality one??? trying to keep it under $160 if possible.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Same issue happened to me with my pro comps for some reason. I tried grinding down a little on the caliper brackets, but it didnt help. I ended up having to go with the smallest size adapters that would fit, like 1.25". It fixed the problem but kind of screwed me in my future suspension plans because I already have the tires sticking out a ton from the adapters and backspacing and I plan on doing a titan swap. However, I got my adapters custom made in front of my eyes by Fred Goeske at wheeladapters.com since his shop isnt too far from me. They are quality adapters and fixed my problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts