Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*Vehicle info: year, make and model 2001 Nissan Frontier CC SWB 3.3 V6

*Your modifications that apply: 3" SL (AC a-arms, cranked torsion bars, ball joint spacers, 3" AAL's w/ 1" Blocks, Blisten Shocks, 3" BL) 7" total lift

*Your driving habits: Regular driving, work, store, gym, pick up daughter from school

*How you will be using this product 99% Street Driven 1% off road if any

I'm purchasing the XD Rockstar rims 18x9 5" BS 0 offset and looking to go with the tallest tire i can. I am mostly intrested in the terra grapler and was looking at the 285/60 but think its to small so i was intrested in if the following would fit.

285/65
305/60
325/60

I am looking at a 33" tire would be perfect so the 325/60 really looks good.

Thanks for your help on this topic

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
You really need to find the weights of the tires and the wheels and figure out how much of a different off of OEM it will be. The 305+ series are going to weigh a ton so your will have to juice it a bit to go and it will still bog.

Since you are a mall crawler, I would stick with the 285 since you will not need the extra surface area the offroad guys need. Skinny tires can easily cut into sand while a wider tire will not.

Also, the 305+ series will probably require trimming even thou you are lifted so much.

·
Vendor
1,665 Posts
Thank you for the post jaxon1023. We would like to help you with your tire needs.

The 285/65-18 size looks like the most ideal option for your needs. You'll still probably have to do some trimming in the front but this size will work well with the 18x9 RockStar. From reading your other post, I would recommend running the Nitto Terra Grappler. This tire rides very well on road and if taken care of will provide years of great service.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

On more thing...The Terra Grappler in the 285/65-18 size only weighs 52lbs.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you very much for your time in answering my post, i have looked on your site and don't see that ypu carry the rockstar rim, is this something you can get?

·
Vendor
1,665 Posts
We don't stock them but we can order in any of the KMC XD wheels. This wheel will be a little tricky to get right now though due to stock issues. I called our distributor for KMC and we would need to have a blank wheel drilled to fit your Frontier. If you are serious about them give Matt a call at 1.888.459.4080 ext 51865. He would be happy to explain the process and give you an accurate ETA and quote.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts