Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know of an aftermarket head unit with similar capabillities... i.e. six disc/mp3, sub/amp hookups and direct fit? i found my RF head unit handles cd/mp3 fantasticly, but the radio reception/sound kinda sucks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2005 LE with the factory radio/6cd changer has VERY poor FM reception. Anyone know if the problem is with the antenna, radio, design, other??? Truck is awesome except for the radio.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bad FM reception

From my experience, that is almost always a problem with the antenna.
Your truck is probably still under warranty, so I would take it to the
dealer and have them look at it. I don't know anything about how that
antenna is wired, otherwise I would suggest you follow the path yourself
and check for any visible sign of damage.
Good luck. BW

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'v been looking for an after market 6 disk to no avail. I dont think they make them anymore. I guess I will have to go with a changer under the seat or in the glove box. I saw a JVC head unit I liked but I'm not familiar with the brand in car audio. I know they make good home audio.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Firestang

Firestang--
Pleas take a look at my thread below yours about the RF stereo-- I am having issues getting my Frontier to play data CD's burned through Windows Media Player 10 using wma files. You said yours is great. How do you burn your CD's-- do you use WMP 10? wma files or mp3 files? Which brand of CD-R? I am trying to figure out if I'm an idiot or if there is a factory issue...thanks!

Nikki

BTW, our FM reception is fine on that stereo, so far...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I now use musicmatch (20-30$, online download or best buy) and burn either regular music cd, or mp3. as far as i know the RF unit wont play wma files. all the discs i have used work, i hope some of this helps. i know it can be frustrating.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have some wma's i'll try to see if they play. i'll let you know tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts