Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cardomain.com and rockymountainsuspension sells it...

Those are the two websites. I first saw it on cardomain.com with a fronty owner 2005 having one already. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
revtek is no bueno

I have a 2005 NISMO CC 4X4 and currently have the REVTEK levling kit part #835 installed in it. I am ripping this kit out this weekend and sending it back to REVTEK. If you want a leveling kit call greg at PRG/UNITED PRODUCTS or check out prerunners.com. I will be installing his leveling kit this weekend. REVTEK's kit is a "split spacer" type which means the spacer goes between the strut top and the coil spring. It hard to install and impossible if you dont have access to a wall mounted spring compressor tool. But the worst part about it is the ride. Since the spacer goes between the spring and strut top you loose all of your down travel from your front shocks. When I rack this truck to lift it in the air the front wheel only drop about 1/2 of an inch. Imagine what it sounds like when I go over speed bumps..... knarly. Stay away from this kit. Learn from me. REVTEK may make great products for other trucks but this one they need to go back to the drawing board. Call Greg at prerunners.com

·
Registered
133 Posts
Re: revtek is no bueno

turbine said:
I have a 2005 NISMO CC 4X4 and currently have the REVTEK levling kit part #835 installed in it. I am ripping this kit out this weekend and sending it back to REVTEK. If you want a leveling kit call greg at PRG/UNITED PRODUCTS or check out prerunners.com. I will be installing his leveling kit this weekend. REVTEK's kit is a "split spacer" type which means the spacer goes between the strut top and the coil spring. It hard to install and impossible if you dont have access to a wall mounted spring compressor tool. But the worst part about it is the ride. Since the spacer goes between the spring and strut top you loose all of your down travel from your front shocks. When I rack this truck to lift it in the air the front wheel only drop about 1/2 of an inch. Imagine what it sounds like when I go over speed bumps..... knarly. Stay away from this kit. Learn from me. REVTEK may make great products for other trucks but this one they need to go back to the drawing board. Call Greg at prerunners.com
The PRG kit is not any better on speed bumps...I have it on my truck.
The downward travel problem is the same,too.
If you want to lift your truck,and have a good ride,you will have to spend more than 300.00.Don't get me wrong,I like my PRG mini lift,and it is a great option for the money.However ,I will be removing it whenevr I can afford to put a real lift on the truck.
But for now,I'll just slow down over speed bumps(isn't that what they are there for?) :roll:

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
If you have the old style frontier kit it is more prone to "topping-out" on the coil bucket then the new spacers. Please give me a ring and I can get yoo the newest kit.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Greg,
what is the change in the spacers?
I know with the spacers they can fit 33' but how wide of a rim?
Maybe 10' wide?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I am sure he meant " " " not " ' ".

inches instead of feet

1 - 10 of 10 Posts