Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone that is into modified cars or trucks, please spread the word on this company. ****Share****
Stay with me, bit of a rant, but details on why you should never shop with hid projectors.com. Please share to all automotive forums.
I paid $700 for two retro fitted HID lights for my Nissan frontier. All blacked out, no big deal right? Should be fairly easy. Initially I was very impressed, looked nice and they were packed well. Responses were quick via email. Install was a bit difficult because I have a schrock works bumper with the guards on the front. i scratched my trim piece slightly, but thought oh well its a truck and its not that noticeable.
Lights back in and I'm happy, good light output, but no brights.....just assumed thats the way they were supposed to be. A few weeks in my driver side bulb starts intermintetally cutting off. I contact them and they have me switch ballasts to determine what is faulty, a little annoying but totally understandable. Everything is then good to go, for a little bit....
I took my truck to get the titan engine swapped in and Brendan tells me the marker is loose in the drivers side light and I said ok ill look at it, thinking maybe there is just a little play, nope a week after i get my truck back the marker inside the light literally comes off and falls to the bottom of the headlight. Im thinking, wow, I'm a little pissed, I'm sure they will send me a new one. Wrong. I am required to take this light out and send to them to be fixed. So, now I have no headlight and really don't want to drive the truck because my grill and trim piece are out and its so difficult to reinstall i want to wait to get my headlight back.
After going to their site to get the phone number to call (because no-one called me to confirm my light was actually being fixed) I notice the lights are supposed to have brights, so I call to check on my light and the service department tells me they are supposed to have brights, and I hear someone in the background claim there were out of a certain part when they sent mine out.
After talking to sales about it, there is a known issue with certain harnesses not working on frontier lights. Cool, so you knowingly sent me the wrong harness in hopes it would all just work out. On top of that, i had to pull the professional wiring job out that brendan did while he put the new engine in.
So I get the light back, and literally the same night I put the drivers side light in, the passenger side light comes up with condensation all over the inside of it. I never removed that light or altered it and never had the issue prior.
At this point, I'm beyond pissed, all the the poor craftsmanship and bullshit work to begin with are being put off on me as a responsibility. Point blank several times i inquired how they were going to make this right, the answer they kept telling me is send it in to get it fixed or trouble shoot it. No talk of money back, sending a brand new pair, nothing. Basically, keep fixing our mistakes till they stop. After I sent them a final email telling them how absolutely disgusted i am with their "product" now they offer me a full refund......but.....i have to send the lights back. So really just a year of ****ery and a scratched to hell trim piece.
Do NOT buy from this company. I was more than polite and gave them ample opportunities to fix this issue.

·
Premium Member
6,693 Posts
Sucks to read your experience... but you're finding it a problem to send $700 lights back so they can fix or replace? You're expecting them to just send you another $700 set of lights for free? if it was something small like a $20 part, it would be reasonable to expect a straight replacement with no send back, but you're talking about $700's worth of product. Any warranty claim for an amount that high generally requires you to send the faulty one back for an exchange (but they should at least cover the shipping both ways). I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that in exchange for a full replacement/repair/refund.

Since they did finally offer a full refund, what's the problem with them asking you to send them back? **** happens. Lesson learned. At minimum I'd tell them you will send the lights back for a full refund but they have to cover shipping costs since none of this situation was your fault - it was a defective product from the start.

But don't expect a full refund if you don't send anything back. It's only logical.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
seriously THANK YOU for posting this!!! I was saving to buy these headlights..... NO MAS MI AMIGOS!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,137 Posts
Bummer on your experience for sure.

I'm curious if you had any aiming issues upon first installation? IOW, could you adjust your lights to where you needed them to be?
My take on these retrofits is that they need to be well placed w/in the housing so that any needed adjusting is w/in the parameters of the adjustment mechanism(s).

·
Super Moderator
19,906 Posts
They probably broke the tabs on the reflector that fell off inside the headlights. I can do a better job than that and I'm just a rookie at retrofitting. You would be better off buying a kit from Theretrofitsource.com and doing your own retrofit with bi Xenon projectors.

·
Registered
348 Posts
For awhile I debated buying from them, or buying the pieces to do it myself. I'd really like to save the money and do it myself, but I also don't want to mess up and lose my headlights for a while days. I could order a spare set, but that reduces the savings. But I really need some better light...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am the owner of HIDprojectors and I have been working with Mr. Andrew (dreamofwrx) and have made every effort to resolve this issue with him, even offering him a full refund after he has had these lights for more than a year. Unfortunately, we were not able to come to an amicable solution, despite our best efforts. The claims he is making about our company and level of customer service are incorrect. Please see email chain below for an accurate recap of communications.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
You paid for a product and things did not work out. The company then offers to PAY for shipping back to them AND refund your money. How is this a bad company? A bad company would have said you had it for a year so you are SOL. I've never heard of the company before this, but to me it looked like they tried to help.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Don't know the history of the company or how long they have been around. Sounds like the problems were 100% their fault and it should have never happened. That said if they offer a 100% refund and shipping costs why would you not take it? What company is going to give you a full refund of this amount of money and not ask for the product back?

I understand your angry and frustrated but they gave you an out. I would have taken it. At this point though I'm willing to bet the offer is off the table.

·
Admin
3,392 Posts
This is a general reminder to please refrain from personal name calling or attacks on this forum.

·
Premium Member
6,693 Posts
I am the owner of HIDprojectors and I have been working with Mr. Andrew (dreamofwrx) and have made every effort to resolve this issue with him, even offering him a full refund after he has had these lights for more than a year. Unfortunately, we were not able to come to an amicable solution, despite our best efforts. The claims he is making about our company and level of customer service are incorrect. Please see email chain below for an accurate recap of communications.
@dreamofwrx had them over a year? Gee... that wasn't mentioned in the original post. I wonder why? I mean, I'm not taking sides here, but after the extra info, it's pretty clear. I kind of had a feeling this sounded like another "internet attention" situation. I see this happen at my work every so often, the typical "I didn't get what I want so I'm gonna tell everyone on Facebook and every forum everywhere on the internet" threat. But thanks Tom for showing up and giving us your side of the story. it's only fair.

Best part though is this:

@dreamofwrx: "The only acceptable solution to me at this point is a refund, but you don't get the lights back. Or I send the lights back with a bill for the hours of time I've put into this situation. I charge 50 per hour to my clients, Plus time for my truck being down. Sound fair?"
Are you kidding me? What world do you live in, dude? LOL

·
Registered
193 Posts
I’ve had my HID projectors for almost 2 years with no problems! Tom was great to handle a small leak when I first got them, of course I had to take it out and ship it back. They tested, re-sealed it & sent it back in 4 days! No issues since. I HIGHLY recommend their product and customer service is outstanding!

·
Registered
348 Posts
I’ve had my HID projectors for almost 2 years with no problems! Tom was great to handle a small leak when I first got them, of course I had to take it out and ship it back. They tested, re-sealed it & sent it back in 4 days! No issues since. I HIGHLY recommend their product and customer service is outstanding!
Thanks for another positive review. Ugh I want a set of these so bad. But I'm so poor, and know I'll mess something up if I do it myself.

Can we get a group buy going? >:D

·
Registered
91 Posts
I went on the website, but all I see are the jeep lights. Where's the frontier lights? Do you make em for a 2018?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yea, same site. I dunno what my problem was.

Oh, damn. That's bad. That's exactly what I'm looking for, too. Why are they for off road use only???

·
Registered
91 Posts
I figured it was something to do to keep themselves out of legal trouble. Makes sense.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts