Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever has issues going into reverse? It takes a high RPM for it to clunk into reverse. Sometimes it’ll do it smoothly, other times it takes me giving it gas. If you watch the back drive shaft, it makes a clicking noise and it swivels back and forth until i give it enough gas for it to engage.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
More info about the truck would be helpful. Like year, mileage, when it started happening, and services recently done Or due?

·
Super Moderator
11,895 Posts
At a minimum if the fluid hasn’t been changed, I’d address that either yourself or a shop but don’t ignore the issue.

Clint

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2005 Nissan frontier
156,XXX
I bought the truck about four months ago and it kinda had this issue. It would engage reverse more often then not. I’ve put about 10,000 miles on it. It has clean and full bottle of transmission fluid. That is not the issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2005 Nissan frontier
156,XXX
I bought the truck about four months ago and it kinda had this issue. It would engage reverse more often then not. I’ve put about 10,000 miles on it. It has clean and full bottle of transmission fluid. That is not the issue

·
Registered
48 Posts
2005 Nissan frontier
156,XXX
I bought the truck about four months ago and it kinda had this issue. It would engage reverse more often then not. I’ve put about 10,000 miles on it. It has clean and full bottle of transmission fluid. That is not the issue
2005 Nissan frontier
156,XXX
my truck does this sometimes but only when im at a decline.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts