Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states, has anyone done this? Should be simple as hell, right?!? What's all different compared to normal 2wd?

·
Registered
2017 Pro-4X w/Luxury Package
957 Posts
The DR's rear spring mounts are different from the 4x4's. I would just look for a lift for your truck, rather than try and modify the spring mounts (where the front of the spring attaches to the frame). Or, swap in springs and shackles from a 4x4.

·
Registered
534 Posts
The DR's rear spring mounts are different from the 4x4's. I would just look for a lift for your truck, rather than try and modify the spring mounts (where the front of the spring attaches to the frame). Or, swap in springs and shackles from a 4x4.
Really? Different spring mounts? Have any photos of this?

·
Super Moderator
3,691 Posts
I believe the differences between the 1st generations were quite a bit more extensive than the 2nd gens. The 1st gen desert runners used the same chassis, suspension and ride height as the 4x4 models, has 4-wheel ABS (XE 2WD's had rear wheel ABS), full-sized spare tire, skids plates for the engine AND fuel tank and the special badges. They were available in the XE, SE and SC trims. The 1st gen Desert Runner was a lot closer to the 4x4 Frontier than so the "regular" rear wheel drive Frontiers.

Found this thread compare the DR to the 4x4:

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f46/desert-runner-vs-4wd-68819/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts