Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What all resets when one disconnects their negative terminal for an appreciable amount of time?
I'm most concerned about how my iPhone will interface w/ the factory headunit via Bluetooth upon reconnection. Will I need to re-pair the two?
NOT concerned about losing my radio presets. lol
TIA

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
everything should reset. You may need to re-pair but I don't remember having that issue with my OEM HU. My new pioneer HU saves bt pairing and station presets in non-volatile memory. The ecm/tcm (IIRC) have some capacitors that keep learned trims for a time but if you leave it disconnected for several hours, they'll forget all about their old experiences... ::wink::

·
Registered
544 Posts
The only issue I recall was having to re-input my radio presets, if there was anything else I don't recall it...

·
Premium Member
7,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys. As long as the default setting is NOT to have that annoying auto-reply for incoming texts I've read about on here...I should be OK.

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Thanks, guys. As long as the default setting is NOT to have that annoying auto-reply for incoming texts I've read about on here...I should be OK.
personally I think the autoreply (I'm driving, don't bother me) is a good thing, especially for new drivers.... texting & driving should be treated as harshly as DUI... but to each their own.

As to batt disconnect I expect having to reprogram all settings and am happily surprised if there's one or 2 that I don't have to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts