Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm quite sure someone has seen this before. how do you reset the low tire pressure dash light? if anyone could tell me, or lead me in the right direction. Also does anybody know why it's hard to find a class IV hitch for the 05? if it has a tow capacity of 6500 and a classIII only goes up to 5000, is it not good to have a higher capcity hitch?
just wondering.
appreciate any help.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
One would think the low tire pressure light would extinguish after the proper amount of air pressure is restored to the tires. I also believe the sensors work on a difference in pressure between the tires, meaning that all four need to be within a pound of two of each other. I may be wrong about this though...

As for the Class IV hitch, I thought I saw one shown in the Frontier Brochure in the accessories section. Doesn't the Class III and Class IV use the same receiver?

·
Registered
15 Posts
PRessure light and hitch

BAd news and good news. Only a dealer can reset the low pressure light if you have actually had a flat. Once pressure goes below a certain setpoint it locks in the alarm. I had a flat on my titan and had the same problem. Good news, Courtesy Nissan had a class IV hitch that you can order with all the Nissan wirirng and light/brake relays. It came with excellent instructions and I did the whole thing in about 45 minutes laying under the truck. Quality parts. Look up them on internet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tire Pressure Alert light

My warning light has gone off 4 times, 2 times high pressure, 2 times low pressure. warning light stays on until you get the correct tire pressure in all four tires. they must be perfect that has been my experience. I bought a diital tire gauge, regular one is just not accurate enough. that sensor will reset. It sucks if you put on the spare tire on then you must see the dealer to activate tire monitoring system . I think the system is extremly accurate but sensitive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My tire pressure alert went off the other day and I was about 35 PSI in all fours so I could probably say that it isn't a difference in all four tires..

I inflated to about 38 PSI in all fours and the light went off the next time I drove the truck above 20 MPH.. I read the owners manual and it sad something along the lines that the active tire pressure monitoring system doesn't monitor your pressure until you reach 20 MPH... Keep that in mind if you are inflating your tires and the warning won't go off when you haven't taken it around the block to clear the warning.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Joe,

Ease up on that mouse button there buddy! Your posts are starting to reproduce! :p

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks everyone. after some haggling with my local dealerships! the problem was found and corrected. apparently a nail had gone through the tire and the head sheared off. no outward signs of damage, one dealer just put air in the tire and sent me on my way. (60 miles round trip for air :evil: !) the next dealer was much better and found that the nail had made a very small hole and patched it from the inside :D !
thanks again!

·
Registered
14 Posts
05_NISMO_4X4 said:
Joe,

Ease up on that mouse button there buddy! Your posts are starting to reproduce! :p
I'll make sure that happens.... :? I don't know what the deal is though..
Maybe I should quit drinking Red Bull....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts