Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy howdee. Not in a Fronty yet...decisions decisions. Look at my post in General please as i am stuck trying to decide between an xterra And a KC

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Man this sucks...i still cant post in Genearl. 7 peopel viewing this forum and 48 in General.

I am stuck between a '10 Frontier KC with Popular PACKAGE in White. It also has Tow and bed extender. Nice nice real nice truck. Some items in the Package are also Standard tho...weird. The Xterra is the same price. Black X base model. Steel wheels.

Like them Both. OWN a Titan but my Mom has been borowing it for over a year. I miss having a truck but can still use it whenever, so the Xterra seems a better value, even though it is base.

What do you all think is better value and why.

Oh...i would love a Pro-4X(like my Titan) in MANUAL or the OFFROAD package Xterra. Unfortunately no dealers within hundreds of miles have 4x4's OR Manuals.

Input Please.

·
Super Moderator
11,404 Posts
Welcome, where are you from? Both are great vehicles but the Frontier has a larger utilitarian use. What do you like to do and that may help narrow it down. Trips to the home center need a pickup truck more than an SUV. The Xterra has interior cargo space but whatever you put in thre truck is inside with you. Plus you don't want to mar the interior.
It all boils down to lifestyle. Tell us more and the answer will be easier to arrive at.

Clint

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
First of all... Welcome to the club!

Second... Sign out and then back in and you should be good to go on posting else where.

Third... Seeing as how you already have the Titan at your disposal, I vote you get the X.

·
Super Moderator
11,404 Posts
If I could go back I would have got an X
How about a little insight why you'd do it? I'm guessing you don't need the bed or the wheelbase?

Clint

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a bunch for the replies and help...obvioulsy a good group on here.

Since i have a Titan fairly accessible, i am leaning towrd the X. It's teh base model that scares me but still alot of standard features. I live in West Palm Beach and probably wont do much offroading, nonetheless would rather own a vehicle that is capable if it is necesssary. It's like the whole gun debate, better to have one and not need it then need one and not have. Oh well, no Offroad models in my area. Short on cash so it seems the smart thing is get the least expensive.

In a perfect world i would get a crew cab manual Pro-4X 4x4. But the dealer called and approved me on the Xterra, Pretty sure i will stop there after work. I wish they had an X and an S so i could compare in person and try to see if the 2200 difference is worth it.

One more request - I am getting this thru the employee purchase through a friend. Is there any room for the dealer to move a little more on the deal? I know they are not gonna give an extended waranty, but maybe a few oil changes, maybe some small ticket items? Anyone know or have experience.

Thanks again,

Hendo

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,404 Posts
That's one nice X.

Clint

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
the X's are alot more offroad capable than we are.....short front and rear overhangs, theres stuff offroad I dont do that X's walk up because I dont see the nessecity of crunching the rear of the bed when I come down off a ledge.....And I'd tap any soccer mom with an X...
ON THE SHOULDER.....and ask if she wheeled it and if she was single :)...damn get your minds out of the gutter

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
the X's are alot more offroad capable than we are.....short front and rear overhangs,
true but if I was buying an suv for wheeling I would just go jeep.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts