Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably wont post that often but wanted the access. Been wheeling a 2000 4Runner with OME rear springs and Fabtech front coilovers for years and now ready for something with a bed. Not really a big fan of the new Tacos so here I am looking a nissan for the next project/ expedition rig. Driver, not a wrencher. Big questions i haven't found answers to (yet) are; Is there a front locker option for the 2010 frontier, and will i like nissans as much as my trusty yotes.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
welcome to clubfrontier

and no there is no front locker option only a rear locker in the pro4x package

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
The locker only comes factory with the Pro-4x. If you buy a manual (doesn't have to be Pro-4x) you will get the M226 rear axle (one of two available for the Frontier). The M226 is the only one that currently has an aftermarket locker and gears available. There was rumors of front locker possibility for the Titan M205 front diff which can be installed on the Frontier, but that so far is just rumors.

As for liking it more than a Tacoma....hmmm....there's more power in our 6 cylinders than a Tacoma, they ride smoother, the seats don't sit low with a rather tall hood causing poor visibility, you get WAY more truck for the price you will pay, the price is more appealing than a Toyota and you'll have almost the same reliability as a Toyota. Oh, and our frames don't rot!

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts