Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Request for some advice.

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  02RedRunner 
#1 ·
I will be taking delivery of a 2010 Frontier Crew Cab 2WD in a couple of days and I would appreciate some advice on a few issues. I have not signed the papers yet so I still do have a choice of going for a 2011.

1. Is buying a 2010 a good idea right now when 2011 is just around the corner? The reason I was going for 2010 was because of the rebate Nissan is offering right now. I am thinking the rebate may not be there for 2011 at least for a while.

2. Do dealerships take care of any existing TSB/recall before giving you delivery or do you have to have that done after you take delivery?

3. So far the issues I have seen are, “”Transmission/radiator Cross Contamination “”, “”A/C draining in the cabin””, “”airbag recall”” and “”The lower control link assembly””, have these issues been fixed in the 2010s?

4. Are there any other common issues I should look into?

5. I am thinking of doing the radiator bypass as soon as I take delivery, is that a good idea? Will that affect warranty?

6. Any other advice?

7. Am I being too anal? :)

This will be my first new car purchase in quite a while and is a major purchase for me so I am a little worried. Thanks in advance for any help or advice. This forum has been a great resource so far.

See less See more
#3 ·
dont do the rad bypass ever. it is not a long-term solution. if you are really concerned about it, replace the rad when the time comes with a good aftermarket name one.

the airbag sensor recall only affected northern vehicles in "salt states." anything built after the recall date should have the new part in it from the factory.

same goes for the lower links.

#4 ·
There are far more happy owners out there than the "scare you away" post in this forum. Many of us have no regrets, and we are only a fraction of the Frontiers owners on the road.
To show you how everyone complains from each brand produced,
I went to a car huge show yesterday, 1400 cars registered.
Walking through the spectators parking lot was a beautiful new Range Rover with a huge lemon decal on the back window proclaiming this SUV is a piece of sh*t and Range Rover won't stand behind it. I bet that truck is at least $70,000. Can you imagine being that owner?
Go buy the Frontier and enjoy it.

Clint

#6 ·
Love my 2010 Pro 4x. 12k miles and no issues. This is my 4th Nissan

#7 ·
Like others have said, don't worry about the few issues you may or may not have, especially while you have a warranty on it.

As far as waiting for the 11, I would go for the deal on the 10's right now, that's what I did. Frontiers aren't exactly big sellers for Nissan, you can get them down really good on price. I went to edmunds.com and used the TMV pricing for a new one, and got it for less than that. I don't think much will be changing on the 2011 model either, it's pretty much in holdover mode until the redesign in 2012 or 13.

#8 ·
This is my 1st Nissan that I own, love it and very happy with, if you can stretch your budget to get the extended warranty, that would be a peace of mind, I'm not regret of purchased this truck, the only thing I wish to have are, light ON the odometer during daytime driving and light ON steering wheel control at night. Oh well, since I love the truck, then I have to get use to it. You will like it alot, I had looked at the Taco & Rigdeline, and I sold for the Frontier. I also own Honda and Toyota too.

#9 ·
even after all the crap i have been through with my 2010 se cc 4x4, (everything has been fixed) it is still the nicest truck i have ever owned and i would buy another one. i had a 08 tacoma trd before this. although this is a very helpfull forum i agree that reading some of the bullshit on here can make a person a bit paranoid. the 2011s are about the same. buy your truck and enjoy it. they are nice.

#10 ·
you should start to prep for how you want to handle all of the post sale add-ons that will likely get thrown at you.

paint sealant, maintenance plan, detail package, road hazard coverage, etc.

also, look over the build sheet and ensure everything is supposed to be there. it's not uncommon to find things you didn't really ask for. locking lug nuts, floormats, etc. a lot of people never question these and just pay for them while the dealer profits nicely.

#13 ·
Mine stickered for $28,800 and I got it for $23,500.

I bought a 2010 1 month ago. Love it. I would say as long as you do the maintenance you'll probably have no major issues.

Just don't buy a new model vehicle, always problems the first year. The Frontier is in its 4th year or so of this model so it'll have the bugs worked out.

#14 ·
Thank to everyone for the advice and replies. Really appreciate it.
No I am not hesitant about the Nissan or this particular model, I have owned a few Nissan over the years and have had good experience with them. Neither do i expect a car/truck to be 100 percent bullet proof perfect, i realize some issues will arise and that's ok. I just wanted to take care of any existing TSB/recall at or before taking delivery, so I wouldn't have to go keep going back to the dealer.

As far as the price goes, I am working from an OUT THE DOOR PRICE angle, so it does not matter what they have added on, since I am paying them a set price all inclusive. Hopefully that's a good way to do it, not sure. I hate dealing with dealerships/car salesmen.

2010SE that sounds like an excellent price, is that before taxes? I believe you have a 4x4?

Thanks again everyone.

Mine stickered for $28,800 and I got it for $23,500.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.