Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the amp/sub, door speakers, & headunit installed which made it all come alive except for the factory tweeters in the top of the dash. When you hit about 75% volume they sound like there blown and distort bad.

I searched around and im just confused. I just want to replace a similar size tweeter in the same location and to be able to handle the additional power from the aftermarket headunit.

What tweeters will fit? and where to get them? Do you have to make a template?

And it's simple to do yourself right? Remove cover, remove factory tweeter. Reconnect to existing wire with inline crossover if it comes with one or needed? underneath tweeter and connect wire to new aftermarket tweeter then remount it, put cover back on.

I want to make sure it's the right size, depth, right power. Dont want the headunit overpowering it or underpowering it. Dont want them distorting. Just clean highs.

Thanks!

So I was chatting online with crutchfield and I have a sub to do the lows. have door speakers that do mids and tweeters in them that do the highs. And since im just getting power from the headunit for the door speakers. They said replacing with aftermark tweeters would just be bad and distort because headunit can't power 6 speakers. Unless add a seperate amp and I dont think thats worth it and dont want to spend the extra money. They said the system will sound good without the tweeters so im just going to disconnect the tweeter in the dash.

And actually just realized removing the tweeters might even improve the door speakers since now im taking off some load off the headunit and powering a true 22 rms X 4 to 4 speakers that does 35 rms each.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
or do a search on "tweets' or Tweeters" and you'll find countless discussions on what brands and how to install them. FWIW, I'm running Infinity Ref tweets along with my CDT comps and really like them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts