Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Just got my new SE Frontier! It's sweet! Now I'm looking to replace the stereo with an after market double-din one, so that I can add BlueTooth, and auxiliary input.

Has anyone done this before on a 2010? I'm not seeing how I would remove the front plate that the stereo is currently behind. Are there instructions out there specific to this vehicle? (I couldn't find any)

I haven't replaced a car stereo since I was like 18, but it doesn't seem like it should be at all hard. Just gotta find the bolts to remove and stuff.

Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
check out crutchfield.com they will have what you are looking for.
they also send instructions how to take it apart
Tried actually. They don't have instructions for the 2010 Frontier yet. The most recent one they have is for the 2008, which I could buy for $10. I looked up pictures on the 2008, but the stereo dash is very different.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey folks,

Just got my new SE Frontier! It's sweet! Now I'm looking to replace the stereo with an after market double-din one, so that I can add BlueTooth, and auxiliary input.

Has anyone done this before on a 2010? I'm not seeing how I would remove the front plate that the stereo is currently behind. Are there instructions out there specific to this vehicle? (I couldn't find any)

I haven't replaced a car stereo since I was like 18, but it doesn't seem like it should be at all hard. Just gotta find the bolts to remove and stuff.

Thanks!
Do a search on youtube and there will be some videos that show you how to remove the old radio. Here is one
. I am in the process now of replacing the oem radio with a double din. To make the switch, you will need a wiring adapter for the radio and antenna that you can connect to the replace so you don't have to cut any oem wires and can later put back the old radio if you sell the truck. You will also need to replace the faceplate to accommodate the new configuration. You can get these for about $20-$30. When you buy the radio, verify the dimensions. The faceplate I ended up getting was 173mm x 99mm, unfortunately, the radio is 177mm x 100mm. Don't know if I can adapt it, but it is worth the try.

Good luck if you proceed.

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
Do a search on youtube and there will be some videos that show you how to remove the old radio. Here is one
. I am in the process now of replacing the oem radio with a double din. To make the switch, you will need a wiring adapter for the radio and antenna that you can connect to the replace so you don't have to cut any oem wires and can later put back the old radio if you sell the truck. You will also need to replace the faceplate to accommodate the new configuration. You can get these for about $20-$30. When you buy the radio, verify the dimensions. The faceplate I ended up getting was 173mm x 99mm, unfortunately, the radio is 177mm x 100mm. Don't know if I can adapt it, but it is worth the try.

Good luck if you proceed.
Pretty sure OP already did it,,, considering you replied to a 10 year old thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.