Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought after having to replace my drivers side window motor and my passenger side is starting to run really slow.
Has anybody replaced their power windows with manual ones out of an S model?
I assume I would need to purchase all the hardware (regulators cranks etc.)
Would this be a daunting task? or a relatively easy downgrade?
Thank you for any comments god bad or indifferent will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
485 Posts
It seems to me it would be both harder and more expensive to install manual windows. If you just fix the power windows they will probably last for years.

·
Registered
76 Posts
While I am looking to go manual to power, It may be easier for you to go power to manual. There is a thread somewhere on here where a guy did the swap you want to do. You need door panels, or drill a hole, and of course the window tracks with the manual crank.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
You really only have two options, unless you are dead set on taking apart a donor vehicle at a junk yard and getting all of the parts. First, replace the other window motor and keep on truckin' (or pay most any auto glass shop to do it). Or find a donor vehicle the same color as yours (see the sticker at the bottom of the drivers door jamb for the paint code) with manual windows and buy the complete doors, or trade yours for there's. See Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market to search locally or nationwide. Don't forget to follow up and keep us posted about what you ultimately decide to do.

·
Registered
844 Posts
You really only have two options, unless you are dead set on taking apart a donor vehicle at a junk yard and getting all of the parts. First, replace the other window motor and keep on truckin' (or pay most any auto glass shop to do it). Or find a donor vehicle the same color as yours (see the sticker at the bottom of the drivers door jamb for the paint code) with manual windows and buy the complete doors, or trade yours for there's. See Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market to search locally or nationwide. Don't forget to follow up and keep us posted about what you ultimately decide to do.
The paint wont necessarily match exactly, especially if its metallic.

·
Super Moderator
10,428 Posts
Dry lube the window channels to make them move faster. It's not worth all the trouble for so little gain.

Clint

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
The manual regulaters are more rare than power. Wouldn't surprise me if they cost more as well.
Don't forget all the door trim needed as well. Block off the switches, door panels with the holes in the right place, and the crank itself.

Pretty sure it would cost more to downgrade than to just fix it right. Oh, and the manual regulators go out as well. I've had my share of old cars with manual windows that didn't work or work right. So I will throw in no gain in reliability either.

·
Premium Member
6,083 Posts
Solid electrical ground (-) should enhance motor operation.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the incites, I guess it would be cheaper to just replace motor, had drivers side done a Nissan dealership, I guess I should be looking at auto glass places as well?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts