Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 40 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nice, thanks, any idea on price, not holding you to it.
No idea yet, will depend on feature set.
As I am working on the weld fixture and other items to make the production more streamlined there will come that time when I can actually figure out the real time it takes to build one.

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Any Ideas when you will be done?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Any Ideas when you will be done?
I am shooting for next weekend. Its very difficult for me, tight budget and limited time. I have a 35-40 hour day job I have to work and then I come home and work the Xoskel business as much as humanly possible.
I was hoping to have the Lo Pro Lightcage and Lightbar out on the market already to help subsidize this project but time bandits keep attacking me at every turn, it seems.

·
Registered
50 Posts
you should make a safari rack for 1st gens with factory racks, id definitely buy one.

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Once you get that first one done and figure out a price ill, Pay you before hand If youre low on funding.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Once you get that first one done and figure out a price ill, Pay you before hand If youre low on funding.
what will you be doing with your stock rack? let me know!

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Selling it, why you want it? I might be selling it soon.

·
Registered
923 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
579 Posts
Any news on when we might see a finished product?

·
Registered
579 Posts
:goodjob:

·
Registered
289 Posts
im so impatient...i want already
I have been running into some employment problems I have had to make preparations for and also looking for a daily driver so I can go look for another day job.
If I had not mentioned this already, the Xoskel business is not yet moving enough products for me to do it full time, so I have been working my day job and doing the Xoskel business off hours.
My present employer who I have been with 10 years now is going through a nasty divorce, the trial was last week and will be ruled upon very soon after a very unpleasant and dangerous year and a half.
I will not go into that mess any deeper within this thread but suffice it to say I need to find a daily driver soon and put applications in here and there just in case. Its been nice living a few blocks from work and we have had the luxury or being a one vehicle family for quite a while now but that is now going to end.
Tonight I have been working on the weld jig for the roof rack and its as big and unwieldy as you would think it would be but when its done I can start cranking these things out.
I apologize for the long wait on this but rest assured I am not dragging my feet on this project.
Images coming soon.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Right on man, the wait is tough, but the updates help! I cant wait to see pics of the first gen stuff. Good luck with the job situation also. hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
289 Posts
How many people with sun roofs actually care if it has functionality rather then having a solid non-rattling roof rack?
I ask this as it would be less work to make these without a care for sun roof functionality and thereby less expensive and less likely to have rattle.

·
Registered
579 Posts
don't have a sunroof. So fine with me.

21 - 40 of 106 Posts