Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
he mentioned moving the front forward, just curious if the lights are further mounted above the windshield, how much more or less window glare it will add.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
great. more rack options for the cc's. still d!ck for the kc's. :censor:

that is a nice looking rack though! i'm guessing you'll be putting in a solid floor and loosing use of the sunroof?

:noworries:

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
he hasnt commented on attachment yet. that nismo had a factory rack (since it also has the sunroof) and we dont see any of the original holes in the pics.

on top of that, all of his lightbars and other accessories for the xterra use factory holes/bolts/nuts/etc. lets not speculate until the unit is completed (which it clearly isnt yet) and he has a chance to comment on it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The rack is bolted down to the stock roof rack location. Xoskel is using stainless button head bolts. I was at Xoskel checking this out and John said he is still trying to decide if the floor will have a sunroof cut out or a removeable piece that will fit over the sunroof.

That is Cyper's (NismoCC on this site) truck

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
The rack is bolted down to the stock roof rack location. Xoskel is using stainless button head bolts. I was at Xoskel checking this out and John said he is still trying to decide if the floor will have a sunroof cut out or a removeable piece that will fit over the sunroof.

That is Cyper's truck
thank you sir.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hello everyone, I am that Xoskel guy.
Glad to see some interest in the rack.

Hope this answers some of the questions, remember the images you see are of a prototype, a rough sketch of what will be.

As far as mounting goes I will be coming up with something for the smooth tops. Some kind of system that will allow those without existing roof racks to bolt one on.
You noticed there is no floor, there will be and when I have it installed I will upload images.
I will do my best to keep the functionality of the sun roof, this will most likely require you to get out of your truck and lock something, remains to be thought out.

I have also been working on a light cage that bolts onto the stock rack as well as a lightbar.

If I ever come up with a product that requires pop rivets it will be something riveted here in house and not by the consumer. Truth be told I do not see pop rivets being used in any upcoming products.

Distance of the light mounts to the windshield is already too close for another 2 inches to matter when it comes to glare. From testing I have done with my Xterra and the roof lights the glare has not been any worse then that you get from street lights as you drive through the city at night. The position required to block all glare would be too far back for such a short rack. I am not saying that future roof racks might not have such mount postitions but this prototype does not. The market will dictate how many variations I can make of the rack before its just not profitable, but I would like to have some different models for the same truck.
In the future there will be other products for other trucks, this is what I am doing presently. My product line will keep growing as long as the market allows.
Any suggestions are appreciated, any questions also appreciated.

·
Registered
602 Posts
defiantly interested in a light bar that can be bolted on to the rack.
keep us informed

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
cool, always a big fan of custom, I already have one, but I didnt read any mention for a KC for those interested, any word on that?. good luck.

·
Registered
289 Posts
cool, always a big fan of custom, I already have one, but I didnt read any mention for a KC for those interested, any word on that?. good luck.
Ideally I would want a truck to work off of, but if its at all possible to extrapolate dimensions from the CC to the KC then that would be even better.
We shall see where we can go after the CC is finished.

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Very interested Please keep us notified.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
defiantly interested in a light bar that can be bolted on to the rack.
keep us informed
X2, waiting to see what turns up. I have chatted with him before and he said they are working on one.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Interested in rack for sure keep us updated. Thanks, nice looking products. Will there be rear and side light tabs?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Nice, thanks, any idea on price, not holding you to it.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts