Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the frontier I bought has the 3" calmini lift kit on it. Shocks are shot and need to replace them. OEM won't work because they are short and will bottom out when I hit a bump. Anybody have suggestions for replacements? Below are the specs on current ones

Front 10.25" collapsed 14.25" extended
Rears 14.25" collapsed 23.25" extended

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
337 Posts
So the frontier I bought has the 3" calmini lift kit on it. Shocks are shot and need to replace them. OEM won't work because they are short and will bottom out when I hit a bump. Anybody have suggestions for replacements? Below are the specs on current ones

Front 10.25" collapsed 14.25" extended
Rears 14.25" collapsed 23.25" extended.

Ranchos probably will work, but could only get specs on the rear, from Rockauto and they are close. I'm betting that the fronts are also, but you can give them a call, they have great customer service.

·
Registered
337 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you... went on last night and looked at all the options listed and found a set of Gabriel’s that will work

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a FabTech lift on mine and recently did the fronts. I used Bilstein from RockAuto. I need to replace the rear now, but when I called FabTech they advised me to use stock lengths for the rear. If you don't mind, post up the part numbers you ended up buying.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I finally got around to changing out my rear shocks. I used the Gabriel 77942's as suggested. The ride is nice, but I might end up trying the ones with the helper springs down the road. I tend to carry a lot of stuff around since I use this as my work truck and daily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts