Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m ready to replace the nasty carpet in my truck , it`s beyond a good scrubbing because it`s worn down to the fiber backing on the drivers side footwell and has burn spots on the pass side ,, so i started looking on ebay for a good decent replacement on the cheap(er) side and seen a few but the color options dont match my interior , i have the grey and of course the grey isnt an availible option in the lesser priced carpets only the black and a brown sandstone are availible ,, the brown sandstone or black just isnt going to work ,, i started looking at the vinyl options and they have more color options few just a few dollars more so i`m thinking about getting the vinyl in the grey that matches my interior and maybe going with the carpeted floor mats . So has anyone used the vinyl in their truck and if so how do you like it and would you recommend it ? Thanks !

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Have you tried Rockauto.com? They have cutpile molded carpet in either medium sand gray or black for crew cabs for $117+shipping; FedEx ground is about $15. They also have more expensive options, depending on what you are looking for. I've had old cars and trucks with vinyl flooring. On the plus side, it's easy to clean. It's not as comfortable on your feet as carpeting. If you put carpeted floor mats on them, they tend to slide around all over the place. Rubber mats or rubber-backed floor mats may provide a little more traction.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks smj999smj !! Yeah i looked at Rock Auto also , just trying to decide which way to go , i live in the south so sand gets everywhere and makes keeping your floors clean almost impossible . I havent owned a vehicle with vinyl flooring and dont know anybody around here that has one that i can ask their experiance on ,, i was just thinking maybe it would be easier to keep up with and i hadnt even considerd how it feel on the feet comfort wise ! Thanks for the input !!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello i had a hard body with vinyl flooring it was OK Carpet has better comfort less sound and a better look IMHO but vinyl just sweep vacuum or blow the dirt out so easy to clean I'm looking for new carpet for 99 kc after I finish suspension good luck

·
Registered
52 Posts
2002 King cab XE I'm going to replace my carpet too but can't find a youtube on it. Also gonna put sound deadener like kilmat down too.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,371 Posts
2002 King cab XE I'm going to replace my carpet too but can't find a youtube on it. Also gonna put sound deadener like kilmat down too.
Just remove the seats, center console, sill plates, kick panels and seat belt bolts and the carpet is ready for removal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts