Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the factory roof rack with another brand? If so, is it a pretty seamless take one off and put the other on? I am not a fan of the OEM and want to switch to the yakima style where I can have a roof basket. 2015 pro4x

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have not replaced an OEM roof rack. I made the error of not getting it when I got my Frontier. When you replace yours, are you interested in selling your old OEM Rack?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone replaced the factory roof rack with another brand? If so, is it a pretty seamless take one off and put the other on? I am not a fan of the OEM and want to switch to the yakima style where I can have a roof basket. 2015 pro4x
You need to look at what P&P Engineering has to offer. I'm going with this one in a month or so. They have one that bolts to your existing mounting points.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have not replaced an OEM roof rack. I made the error of not getting it when I got my Frontier. When you replace yours, are you interested in selling your old OEM Rack?
PTaylor55 Mine will be for sale in about 2 months or so when I receive my new rack. I'm in Bakersfield, Cali. I believe the rack can be broke down for easier shipping.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I doubt you'll find a direct replacement for the OEM. Like Dixiepro4x,
I installed an aftermarket rack, "Rhino" rack and tray and am happy
with them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
You could go with an OE knock off from Amazon. That's what I did. They come in factory grey & black or all black. I chose the all black. They supply both the inside roof brackets and riv nut's. I used the riv nuts. They are good for up to 125 lbs. Using the inside roof brackets only adds 25 lbs of weight capacity. So 125 without the brackets or 150 with the brackets.

This is the one I ordered for my 06, then installed on my 18. The blue truck is my 18. This should fit up to 2021 as the body's are all the same.
The seller was DNA motoring, part # 4x4-T143-bk aluminum roof rack. The add says 05-17.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts