Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Registered
Looks good cuda., I really like the running lights option on these!

I have not driven my truck much lately so I cannot say much about the bulbs I put in. I just know I do not have hyperflash as of now. When I first put them in the tears, right rear did get hyperflash when I turned the headlights on but stopped and hasn鈥檛 done it since, dunno what that was about.馃
Thanks! No hyperflash whatsoever. I haven't done the rears. Yeah I really like the idea of DRL's, much more visible than standard parking lights. And not to mention the turn signals are much brighter than the standard bulb.

Premium Member
I like that single per side idea, might look into that to replace my current 2 per side

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
They're pretty slick, and the pigtail can be undone easily for troubleshooting or if you carry spare stock bulbs as emergency fix. Having a $2 spare is easy to justify, but a $20 not so much. Course i have yet to burn out a switchback or any of the DD leds fir that matter, aside from the cribdeath units.
For other than headlights, generally if they make it past a month or 2 they'll go full service life.

Premium Member
... And not to mention the turn signals are much brighter than the standard bulb.
Thats the biggest reason for leds, visibility.

Registered
Just trying to avoid doing an extensive research on whether the Rear Tail Light Brake and Turn Signal regular bulbs can be replaced with LED bulbs. Keep hearing about possible issues with hyperflash or malfunctioning if both type of bulbs are used at the same time. Already have reverse light LED bulbs and they work great. Have spent all morning looking at simple Plug n' Play LED bulbs without having to install resistors...too much info out there which can be confusing. Anyone swap their regular bulbs with LED bulbs on rear tail lights on a 2014 + Nissan Frontier?

Many Thanks.
I posted a complete list of every bulb on a Frontier with brands. You do NOT need to hang a resistor for the turn signal bulbs, you just need a bulb made to work properly in 2020.

I鈥檒l find my post for you.

Registered
Just trying to avoid doing an extensive research on whether the Rear Tail Light Brake and Turn Signal regular bulbs can be replaced with LED bulbs. Keep hearing about possible issues with hyperflash or malfunctioning if both type of bulbs are used at the same time. Already have reverse light LED bulbs and they work great. Have spent all morning looking at simple Plug n' Play LED bulbs without having to install resistors...too much info out there which can be confusing. Anyone swap their regular bulbs with LED bulbs on rear tail lights on a 2014 + Nissan Frontier?

Many Thanks.
Here's the list of what I ended up with after a few others failed to produce desired results.

Headlights-
Katana 9007, 12,000lumen, 6500k, CCD17-12-F2-9007
Backup- Lasfit 921 (T15) white
Brake- Lasfit 3157 (T25) Red
Front turn signal- MOSNOKT 7443 white/amber switchback w/integrated anti-hyperflash (flashes yellow-off-yellow, is white for parking light or can be used as DRL)
Rear turn signal- Auxito 3157 (T25) amber, w/integrated anti-hyperflash, 3157-4KG24-Y2 (Auxito has 5 or 6 variations, be sure to get the anti-hyperflash ones, they are square)
Fogs- Anyhow H11, White/yellow switching (love the ability to toggle between white and yellow but beware, if you leave them switched on when starting the truck, they may get out of sync)
Interior (dome, and 2 lights over front console area)- 3 white festoon 31mm (DE3175)
License plate- new self contained assembly
Third brake light- new self contained assembly
Front marker lights- T10 white (168, 175, 194) (you can use amber but I don't see a difference)

Reactions: Benwish

Registered
Thanks! No hyperflash whatsoever. I haven't done the rears. Yeah I really like the idea of DRL's, much more visible than standard parking lights. And not to mention the turn signals are much brighter than the standard bulb.
I just replace the air buld with LED last month in my 2007 Frontier. i avoided hyperflash got this fromAmazon Syneticusa 3157 error free canbus ready. Yellow/amber turn signal. resistor is prewired in harness and took 10 min to install both.

Premium Member
Regardless of MY, we're all driving a 2005 truck. The bcm looks for a specific load. If it doesnt have the load, it hyperflashes. Either you run a bulb with 25w load, or a 25w resistor or a 50w resistor per side.
No way around it. The electron gods demand their circuit resistance.

Reactions: shift_RUSH

Registered
2016 Fronty SV
Discussion Starter #29
I just replace the air buld with LED last month in my 2007 Frontier. i avoided hyperflash got this fromAmazon Syneticusa 3157 error free canbus ready. Yellow/amber turn signal. resistor is prewired in harness and took 10 min to install both.
Just received the SyneticUSA 7443 bulbs by error through Amazon (I ordered incorrect part number). My OEM Bulb plug assembly has ears that lock into light housing by twisting plug assembly. However, the Synetic USA LED bulb assemblies have a round rubber grommet without ears that is supposed to be pushed into place and fit snugly. These LED assemblies do not provided a press fit and are loose...will certainly fall out ultimately. Does the 3157 assembly have ears to twist into place and lock plug assembly?

Please Advise.

Registered
2016 Fronty SV
Discussion Starter #30
Just received the SyneticUSA 7443 bulbs by error through Amazon (I ordered incorrect part number). My OEM Bulb plug assembly has ears that lock into light housing by twisting plug assembly. However, the Synetic USA LED bulb assemblies have a round rubber grommet without ears that is supposed to be pushed into place and fit snugly. These LED assemblies do not provided a press fit and are loose...will certainly fall out ultimately. Does the 3157 assembly have ears to twist into place and lock plug assembly?

Please Advise.
Nice beefy resistors included in LED assembly, though.

Registered

Please Advise.
I know I was skeptical too at first but No they haven鈥檛 fallen out yet, daily driver about 50 miles everyday. Off road (trails) all good so far. The fit is pretty tight I taped the connector ends just to keep moisture out But that鈥檚 it. I am pretty happy with the fit . Hope it works as well for you too.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts