Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to tackle waterpump timing chain and seal and would like everyone's opinion on which service manuals I should purchase and which are a waste of money? Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I hit save first! ::grin:: ::wink::

·
Registered
337 Posts
As I have needed, I have downloaded and printed different sections, and have been collecting them in a three ring binder with vinyl page covers. Probably have 60 to 80 pages now. I also have my Haynes, and pretty much every project I use both. The Haynes has pictures, but NSM goes into better detail.

·
Premium Member
5,598 Posts
I bought the factory repair factory CD when I bought my truck(2007).
Excellent, easy to use. It was about $100.
Only complaint is it will not load in my lap top for some reason(HP 15.6 touch screen). I need it when in Mexico.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Doesn't apply to the 1rst, generations.

·
Premium Member
5,598 Posts
Oops, did not see that.

·
Registered
337 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Big dad what engine you have in your 1st gen? Know much about the 3.3supercharged engines? Pros/cons? Trying to get my son in a frontier he has a Tacoma now. I know I know lol. Looking for a 1st gen quad cab. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Big dad what engine you have in your 1st gen? Know much about the 3.3supercharged engines? Pros/cons? Trying to get my son in a frontier he has a Tacoma now. I know I know lol. Looking for a 1st gen quad cab. Any help is appreciated.
3.3 non SC, don't really know anything about them, or how well they hold up, I wouldn't mind the extra hp though.

·
Super Moderator
3,333 Posts
The "pros" is that it does offer more horsepower and torque and will get more if you swap out the supercharger pulley to a smaller one, install less restrictive exhaust and replace the factory air intake and resonators with an aftermarket intake system. The "cons" is that you have to use premium fuel and the gas mileage is poor (expect around 12-13 MPG combined). The spark plugs aren't any easier to change than the N/A 3.3L...in fact, they may be a little harder to replace. The M-62 Eaton supercharger sometimes needs to be overhauled or replaced; reman units are usually around $700-800. If the knock sensor fails, it cuts the boost and the power falls flat. You also have the added noise from the supercharger, itself.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts