Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a repair manual for my 2017 4x4 v6 CC. I have used Haynes in the past and thought it was pretty good. I think they only have an 05-14 repair manual for the frontier and exterra however. Is this the best option? I know the truck hasn't changed much in well over a decade... Just looking for the most accurate and complete manual for my truck.

·
Gone but not forgotten Member
5,729 Posts
I bought a Nissan factory repair manual. It is in a CD format.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be awesome, but almost $300 is a bit steep for me.

·
Super Moderator
3,850 Posts
Try Nico Club's forums. I don't know up to what year they go, but the factory service manuals they have are free to download. Mechanically, the really haven't changed much since 2005.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I have used Haynes in the past and thought it was pretty good. I think they only have an 05-14 repair manual for the frontier and exterra however. Is this the best option?
No.

Both Haynes and Chilton are incomplete, error-ridden copies of the Nissan factory service manual (or "FSM").

As smj999smj mentioned, you really don't need a 2017 version of the FSM for most jobs.

·
Gone but not forgotten Member
5,729 Posts
YIKE! $300! I only paid $100 or so.

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
+1 on Thanks XSpook. $300 so we can fix their underbuilt problems (rear axle vent, etc) is kind of an affront in my opinion.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Information request

YIKE! $300! I only paid $100 or so.
Would you mind giving some more info on the cd? It would be great to know where you got it. It would also be great if you could say whether it had photos or other additional detail (rather than simple written instructions.) Have you used it for maint or repair? How much would you recommend it? Thanks for your kind response.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Looks like some content still available, but "hidden"

Was looking through an old post and it included this link:

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Frontier/2014%20Frontier/av.pdf

So, at least some of the old information is still out there, but they're not linking to it from the main page.

You may be able to play with the URL's and gain access to the other potential hidden files.

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
What is the torque spec on the rear shocks?
Check here:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts