Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I nearly ran over two joggers the other day while backing out of my driveway and I had looked both ways at the time and saw no one. Well, I am sure the headrest on the passenger side of the front seat blocked my view thru the rear passenger side window of my King Cab XE so I was unable to see them running in the street at that time. I have since pulled off the headrest to allow for better views to the right/rear of my truck. It makes a big difference in visibility in that direction. Anyone else have any near misses or "hits" due to the headrest blocking your views? Just curious.

·
Registered
923 Posts
your pass seat folds down if i dont have any1 in my pass seat it is folded flat to be out of my way

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yeah, sometimes I just fold down the passenger seat to its flat position. If I know I won't have many passengers in the near future, I'll take off the rear seat head rests as well.

·
Registered
452 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I haven't had any issues with seeing around the headrest, only issue I have is that I wasn't used to driving such a long vehicle since my last car was an '06 Miata.

On a side the government requires headrests on all cars and light trucks to prevent whiplash in the event of an accident. If you removed yours and are carrying a passenger you are probably opening yourself up for a lawsuit.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, Its probably best to just fold down the front passenger seat when its empty rather than remove the headrest. Thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You could also put those little convex mirrors on your side mirrors to allow you to see better. I haven't done this yet but I think I'll put them on the next time I go to the store.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts