Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an easy way to remove the fixed bed extender from my truck? The bracket that the extender mounts to is sandwiched under the two tie-down rings at the back of the bed. Do I remove the rings to get the brackets and extender out of the bed? OR Can I take the extender out (looks like it may disconnect at the pivot point on the bracket) and leave the brackets in place for when I want to put the extender back in.

Thanks for any help. It's too cold to mess with this thing in the dark after work. Even after a few beers...

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
The extender probably can be removed from the brackets the same way the sliding bed extender can. When you swing the extender from front to back, you will see the slot it fits into. At some point during the swing, the pivots on the extender will align with the bracket and it should lift out of the brackets. Then you can leave the brackets attached in case you need to use the extender later, just slip it back in and you ready to go. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
05_NISMO_4X4 said:
The extender probably can be removed from the brackets the same way the sliding bed extender can. When you swing the extender from front to back, you will see the slot it fits into. At some point during the swing, the pivots on the extender will align with the bracket and it should lift out of the brackets. Then you can leave the brackets attached in case you need to use the extender later, just slip it back in and you ready to go. Hope this helps.
05_NISMO_4X4 is right. I have the same extender and to remove it, open the tail gate, swing the extender up and when the extender is pointed straight up, just pull it up and out. Very easy to do, when you need to put the extender back, just do the reverse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts