Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
What did you pay including install, and where did you have it done? My local Kitchener dealer wants $890.
this may be the most embarrassing thing I've ever typed on the internet but here goes...

With tax and install it was $847 at the dealer.

I'm just choosing to be zen about it because i really like the truck. But i did go buy my snows from somewhere other than the dealer to make myself feel better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
This fits 2005 - 2021 Frontier.
It would be very interesting to know if any 2022 owners install this and it fits. $120 is much more reasonable price.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
4,018 Posts
It would be very interesting to know if any 2022 owners install this and it fits. $120 is much more reasonable price.
Have a look at your tailgate innards and compare with the pics from Raines "Gate Keeper" how-to.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here's a how to created by @raine on his 2014.

Your tailgate locking mechanism might be a lil different and you may have to figure out the best way to mount the actuator but it's not difficult.

$700 is way too much. I'm sure that even a car audio and security shop would install one for less.
He doesn’t mention a source for the actuator.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I’m thinking that it would work. The new Nissan isn’t that different from the old one and there seems to be a lot of carry over parts. I’m thinking it will work fine.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
I had purchased this DB Link actuator off Ebay but this one is priced lower.
Product Air gun Font Trigger Line

And I swapped it out for a heavier duty actuator for a Chrysler mini van sliding door that a friend gave to me.
Gas Auto part Tints and shades Metal Bumper
Automotive tire Gas Auto part Machine Engineering

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Here's a pic of the connector I used for the occasion I need to remove my tailgate.
Automotive tire Fixture Gas Rim Auto part

21 - 32 of 32 Posts