Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Just my opinion, but I never saw the reason for this feature. Why start the car/truck up when you are not in it? Back when I lived in the frozen part of the country I would have to let my car warm up (sub zero temps) and in that case I would start it up with a spare key and lock the doors to prevent someone making off with it. It only was necessary for a couple of days that year however so I don't see a remote start feature as on worth paying for.

· Registered
3,489 Posts
They are all pretty good now a days. Just depends on what features you want like using the stock key fob, new key fob, or control from your phone.

· Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
494 Posts
They're all pretty much the same. Some let you keep your key fob, other give you a new fob. Pick the one that checks all of the features that you want. The important part is installation. Where you do it or have a shop does it, make sure it's done right. You can really screw things up if it's done wrong. My parents had a shop install one in their Civic and they did a sh*tty job. They had to take their car to the dealer and they had to fix the harness that the shop tapped into.

· Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
15,897 Posts
Just my opinion, but I never saw the reason for this feature. Why start the car/truck up when you are not in it? Back when I lived in the frozen part of the country I would have to let my car warm up (sub zero temps) and in that case I would start it up with a spare key and lock the doors to prevent someone making off with it. It only was necessary for a couple of days that year however so I don't see a remote start feature as on worth paying for.
My wife used to work alone till 11pm at night, often having to carry money with her to the truck. Being able to start the truck and have the windows defrosted so when she left and could immediately drive off was, in her opinion, much safer.

· Premium Member
2020 PRO4X
225 Posts
I have the one from 12 Volt Solutions with the app module. Personally, I don't see the point of a remote start with your existing fob, or even a long range fob. It's more useful for me to remote start from the app, or my watch. Super fancy haha

· Registered
307 Posts
My remote start is combined with keyless entry and alarm system. All in one unit. Alarm isn’t used. I love the remote start and keyless. I warm the car up a bit while it stays locked. We all do things that other people might not do. Everybody is different.😁

· Registered
27 Posts
I have the one from 12 Volt Solutions with the app module. Personally, I don't see the point of a remote start with your existing fob, or even a long range fob. It's more useful for me to remote start from the app, or my watch. Super fancy haha
Not to mention Start/Stop/Lock/Unlock with Alexa or Google, I have an Echo dot in my bedroom for my alarm, I start my car every morning after my alarm goes off with Alexa, it's nice and warm when I get in. LoL.

· Premium Member
228 Posts
Compustar.com sale going on now as well

· Registered
2021 Nissan Frontier Gunmetal Crew Cab 4x4
33 Posts
I installed the Accessorides in my 2021 model. It is apparently easier on mine than yours, but it was still a pain in the rump. It works well although having to honk my horn with the lock button four times is weird and attention getter.

· Registered
2021 Nissan Frontier Gunmetal Crew Cab 4x4
33 Posts
Just the opposite here. I like to have the interior cooled off before I get in, and it does help to have the engine warming on a cold morning if I'm parked outside. It's totally unnecessary yet a nice technological perk like power windows and locks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts