Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Remote Start

7K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  RickNY 
#1 ·
Ok, I'm getting a remote start installed tomorrow at best buy. $299 for a two-way, includes basic install. However, the service tech told me I may need another part that costs about $150. He said my key may have a smart chip inside it (or something like that) and he will know whether I need the extra part after he takes off the steering column.

I have a 2009 CC 4x4 LE and I was wondering if anyone else on here has had a remote start installed or knows anything about the keys and knows whether or not I really need this extra part for the install.

Thanks

ps: don't tell me to just install it my self because I don't have those skills.

:itsfriday:

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I like best buy and have always been happy with them. The dealer gave me two spares when I bought the truck so I wouldn't mind giving up one if it was much cheaper. I'll ask them tomorrow if I can do that.
But Im getting it either way, here in Nevada I think remote start is definitely necessary, its either freezing cold or blazing hot.

Discussion starter · #17 ·
If i lived in a milder climate I probably wouldn't get one but in Reno its either really hot or cold. I get up at 3am so starting my truck from bed and then getting ready while it heats up and deices is awesome and in the summer when I leave work and its 100 outside my car will be nice and cool for me.
I also have to park pretty far away from campus so after class I start my truck and by the time I get there its hot and ready.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.