Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do i need a special module to bypass for my 2006 nissan fronty if i was to get remote start and alarm installed?

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
No.. there are 2 inexpensive ways to bypass
1. with just some wire ~$1 or
2. with a relay ~$3 (This option is essentially what those bypass modules are selling for over $20. A relay in a nice plastic case.)

·
Registered
890 Posts
you can sometimes use relays and whatnot, but for a data system its not always that easy, the module youd use is an XK07
XpressKit.com - XK07

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx i think im gonna have a shop do the install but they mentioned this bypass so i wasnt sure if they were messing with me or i really need it. they want 450 to install plus tax i wasnt about to spend another 100 on this module!! i didnt want to mess with all the wiring thats why im having them do it ive heard from a few people its not easy to do

·
Registered
890 Posts
its not easy to do if its something you dont commonly do. dont let people talk it down if you dont feel comfortable with it dont do it, this isnt a head unit install or speakers... its a lot more involved and if you dont figure it out you risk messin stuff up and having to not only pay for it to get installed but pay for repairs, take it by your local bestbuy im not sure what alarm it is but we have one that is an alarm with remotestart for like 400ish installed youll be lookin at like an extra 160 for parts and labor towards that module but at least you have corporate liability and a lifetime warranty good at any bestbuy. (KEEP YOUR PAPERWORK!)

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
DO NOT ATTEMPT ON YOUR OWN! I thought I could do it and totally fried by BCM. Pay a professional.

·
Registered
890 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx guys i know i installed my head unit sub and amp and its tricky in these newer vehicles. so im gonna have a shop do it for me

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just bought my truck on friday, and saturday, I installed a viper 5901 alarm/remote start.

And I have to say, this is one of the easiest trucks to work on!!!!! There is plenty of room to work, and all wires are accessible. Someone mentioned the xk07, my shop we used to sell them, but that has been replaced with the DLPK....which is just as simple!! The hardest part of the system i installed is the programing, the other rs systems are much easier.

If anyone wants the wiring diagrams, or some help, let me. I am an installer by trade, so if anyone needs help, feel free to let me know.

Jimmy :hi:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Remote start installation.

I just bought my truck on friday, and saturday, I installed a viper 5901 alarm/remote start.

And I have to say, this is one of the easiest trucks to work on!!!!! There is plenty of room to work, and all wires are accessible. Someone mentioned the xk07, my shop we used to sell them, but that has been replaced with the DLPK....which is just as simple!! The hardest part of the system i installed is the programing, the other rs systems are much easier.

If anyone wants the wiring diagrams, or some help, let me. I am an installer by trade, so if anyone needs help, feel free to let me know.

Jimmy :hi:
I am an electrician by trade for 30+ years now. I installed the Avital 4103 Wshoooo! An engineering feat. I still can't find the wiring for the parking lights under the DS dash area. All info say's its in the kick panel and Grey. For now, I used a relay and paralelled the hazard flashers. It works, but I would like to set it straight. Any info you have would help. Also I made detailed drawings using visio of the wiring. I anybody needs them let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i couldn't find it in the kick either........but i did find the wire on one of the harness below the bcm. I will go out in the morning, and tell you what wire it was. I believe it was one of the trl harnesses.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you so I can put the final touches on this project. Have a great weekend.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Remote Start, Security, Keyless Entry, Accessories
Item Wire Color Polarity Wire Location
12 Volts green (40A) + ignition harness
Second 12 Volts
Starter gray + ignition harness
Second Starter lt. green + ignition harness
Ignition white/green + ignition harness
Second Ignition N/A
Third Ignition N/A
Accessory red + ignition harness
Second Accessory green/yellow + ignition harness
Third Accessory
Keysense black + ignition harness or BCM, pin 37
Data Bus
Can Bus High
Can Bus Low
Can Bus Sw
Power Lock lt. green to purple - driver kick or BCM, pin 45
Power Unlock white to lt. green - driver kick or BCM, pin 46
Lock Motor purple 5wi driver kick or BCM, pin 65
Driver Unlock Motor gray 5wi driver kick or BCM, pin 59
Passenger Unlock Motor blue 5wi passenger kick or BCM, pin 66
Parking Lights (-) N/A
Parking Lights (+) gray + driver kick, harness to rear
Hazards green - hazard switch or BCM, pin 29
Turn Signal (Left) lt. green + driver kick or BCM, pin 60
Turn Signal (Right) green + passenger kick or BCM, pin 61
Headlight pink (L), red (R) + lights or IPDM E/R, brown 8 pin plug
AutoLights
Reverse Light lt. blue + driver kick, harness to rear
Left Front Door Trigger see notes - BCM
Right Front Door Trigger
Left Rear Door Trigger
Right Rear Door Trigger
Remote Start, Security, Keyless Entry, Accessories (Continued)
Dome Supervision brown - driver A pillar or BCM, pin 63
Trunk/Hatch Pin N/A
Rear Glass Pin
Hood Pin N/A
Trunk/Hatch Release N/A
Trunk Release Motor
Fuel Door Release
Power Sliding Door (Left) N/A
Power Sliding Door (Right)
Factory Alarm Arm lt. blue - driver kick or BCM, pin 8
Factory Alarm Disarm red/white to gray - driver kick or BCM, pin 7
Disarm No Unlock
Trunk Alarm Shunt
Tachometer NOT white/green ac any fuel injector
Wait to Start N/A
Neutral Safety
Clutch Pedal
Fuel Pump
Rear Defroster
Mirror Defroster
Left Front Heated Seat
Right Front Heated Seat
Speed Sense lt. blue 8P radio harness or cluster, pin 6
Brake Wire yellow + brake pedal switch or driver kick
Parking Brake green - parking brake sw. or cluster, pin 31
Horn Trigger brown - horn switch
Wipers gray (L), blue (H) + motor or IPDM E/R, brown 12 pin plug
Left Front Window (Up/Down) green/red - green/white A driver window switch in door
Right Front Window (Up/Down) pink - lt. blue A driver kick, door harness
Left Rear Window (Up/Down) red - lt. green A driver kick, door harness
Right Rear Window (Up/Down) yellow - pink A driver kick, door harness
Sun Roof (Open/Close) motor part of module
Sun Roof (Limit/Close) N/A
Memory Seat 1 N/A
Memory Seat 2 N/A
Memory Seat 3 N/A
Audio
Radio 12V yellow + radio harness
Radio Ground (chassis)
Radio Ignition green/black + radio harness
Radio Illumination red + radio harness
Factory Amp Turn-on green/white + radio harness
Power Antenna N/A
Left Front Speaker (+/-) brown - blue +,- radio harness or amp under pass seat
Right Front Speaker (+/-) lt. green - red +,- radio harness or amp under pass seat
Left Rear Speaker (+/-) green - black +,- radio harness or amp under pass seat
Right Rear Speaker (+/-) gray - orange +,- radio harness or amp under pass seat
Center Channel (+/-)
Subwoofer (+/-)
Aux. Audio Input Left (+/-)
Aux. Audio Input Right (+/-)
RSE Video (+/-)
RSE Audio Left (+/-)
RSE Audio Right (+/-)
Satellite Radio 12 Volts
Satellite Radio Ground
Satellite Radio Ignition
Satellite Radio Antenna
Satellite Audio Left (+/-)
Satellite Audio Right (+/-)
What Fits
Item Size Depth Location
Headunit
Left Front Speaker
Left Front Tweeter
Right Front Speaker
Right Front Tweeter
Left Rear Speaker
Left Rear Tweeter
Right Rear Speaker
Right Rear Tweeter
Center Channel
Subwoofer
Left Front Headrest
Right Front Headrest
Left Rear Headrest
Right Rear Headrest
Satellite Radio Tuner
Wiring Notes: Keysense
Notes:
The BCM (Body Control Module) is to the right of the steering column.
Wiring Notes: Power Lock
Notes:
Wiring Notes: Power Unlock
Notes:
Wiring Notes: Lock Motor
Notes:
Wiring Notes: Driver Unlock Motor
Notes:
Wiring Notes: Passenger Unlock Motor
Notes:
Wiring Notes: Parking Lights (+)
Notes:
Also found red (+) in the trailer tow plug harness to the right of the steering column.
Wiring Notes: Hazards
Notes:
Wiring Notes: Turn Signal (Left)
Notes:
Wiring Notes: Turn Signal (Right)
Notes:
Wiring Notes: Headlight
Notes:
The IPDM E/R (Intelligent Power Distribution Module Engine Room) is the fuse/relay block in the passenger side rear corner of the engine compartment.
Wiring Notes: Left Front Door Trigger
Notes:
The LF door is gray in pin 47. The RF door is lt. green in pin 12. The LR door is pink in pin 48. The RR door is blue in pin 13. Use all four wires and diode isolate each. The BCM (Body Control Module) is to the right of the steering column. On vehicles without power door locks, the driver door trigger is blue in the driver kick panel. The passenger(s) door trigger is red in the passenger kick panel.
Wiring Notes: Dome Supervision
Notes:
Wiring Notes: Factory Alarm Arm
Notes:
Meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder. This wire will also lock the doors. The BCM (Body Control Module) is to the right of the steering column.
Wiring Notes: Factory Alarm Disarm
Notes:
Meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder. This wire will also unlock the doors with a double pulse. The BCM (Body Control Module) is to the right of the steering column.
Wiring Notes: Speed Sense
Notes:
May not be present on vehicles with base level audio systems.
Wiring Notes: Wipers
Notes:
The IPDM E/R (Intelligent Power Distribution Module Engine Room) is the fuse/relay block in the passenger side rear corner of the engine compartment.
Smart Starter Kill Relay

Relay Type:
Part #:
OE Relay Part #:
n/a
n/a
n/a
Notes:
n/a
Alternate Part Notes:
n/a
Interface Modules
SKU Module Description Upgradeable Keys Required for Programming Keys Required for Operation
CANMAX400 CANMAX400 Multi Function Programmable Vehicle Interface / Firmware: 400.NIS2 0.45 Yes 2 0
CANMAX400DEI CANMAX400DEI Dockable Multi Function Vehicle Interface / Firmware: 400.NIS2 0.45 Yes 2 0
DLPK CANBUS MULTI Doorlock Interface module / Firmware: DLPK 1.00 Yes 0 0
1101T Universal Proximity Key Bypass No 0 1
TBXKEY Universal Transponder bypass No 0 1
556U UNIVERSAL TRANSPONDER BYPASS: IGN KEY REQ'D CLAMPACK No 0 1
XK07 Programmable Platform#07:CAN Bus High Speed Interface / Firmware: PKN3 4.02 Yes 1 0

Directechs - Education

ORION

© 2007 Directed Electronics. All Rights Reserved.
DirectWire and its vehicle information are for the sole use of authorized Directed Electronics personnel and it's participating dealers and distributors. The information contained on these pages may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I didn't end up doing the remote start on mine because of security, but I did install my own alarm and starter kills. I probably did 10 hours of research for it and 3 on the install. The alarm companies will not tell you anything which is understandable, but this made it a lot harder. Zero problems and I got what I want which is hard to do when taking it to someone, but pain in the &*(($% #$%^$.

Oh and information like what is above that I was getting off some websites was wrong for my truck, the wire colors were not correct for my model. Not saying the above is not correct, I don't remember that crap, but this was one of many problems I ran into. So, if anyone does this check your wires, check 'em again and oh yeah, check 'em one more time.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I didn't end up doing the remote start on mine because of security, but I did install my own alarm and starter kills. I probably did 10 hours of research for it and 3 on the install. The alarm companies will not tell you anything which is understandable, but this made it a lot harder. Zero problems and I got what I want which is hard to do when taking it to someone, but pain in the &*(($% #$%^$.

Oh and information like what is above that I was getting off some websites was wrong for my truck, the wire colors were not correct for my model. Not saying the above is not correct, I don't remember that crap, but this was one of many problems I ran into. So, if anyone does this check your wires, check 'em again and oh yeah, check 'em one more time.

those wires are dead on...except for the parking lights. I have to dig that wire out of my notes (but it was too cold out last night)

the remote start bypass, is only like 4 wires that need to be spliced in order to get it to work

1 - 16 of 16 Posts