Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I use to use my remote to lock my 2008 Frontier the horn would blow once and the headlights would blink twice. When I unlocked it the lights would blink twice. Now when I lock it with the remote the lights blink twice but the horn doesn't blow. Also now when I unlock it the lights don't blink at all. Does anybody know why it's doing this now. I checked my fuses and they all looked good. I also tried using a spare remote that I have which is brand new but that didn't work either. I guess I could recheck my fuses to make sure that I didn't miss one.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,198 Posts
Press and hold for a few seconds both the lock and unlock button at the same time.
That should switch back to the audible horn setting.
The lights should flash when setting is changed.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
@butterman2473 beat me while I was logging in. :)
This is a false accusation on the highest of levels. I've never met @kc-guy in my entire life.....let alone beat on him. I would never interrupt anyone while logging in. My alibi can be verified by multiple witnesses.

·
Premium Member
5,874 Posts
...and I'd like to choke all the 'great' folks out there locking/unlocking/BEEPING while I'm in a parking lot trying to maneuver/back-up/whatever. Wishing ALL manufacturers would use a different/QUIETER tone other than the actual vehicle's horn for this confirmation alert. Peace out. ☮

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...and I'd like to choke all the 'great' folks out there locking/unlocking/BEEPING while I'm in a parking lot trying to maneuver/back-up/whatever. Wishing ALL manufacturers would use a different/QUIETER tone other than the actual vehicle's horn for this confirmation alert. Peace out. ☮
Lol, wow. Don't be hating on all the beepers out there.:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Press and hold for a few seconds both the lock and unlock button at the same time.
That should switch back to the audible horn setting.
The lights should flash when setting is changed.
I just wanted to post an update. The "holding down the buttons" procedure you told me about worked. Thanks for the great advice Butterman.

·
Premium Member
5,874 Posts
I see the lights flash as my confirmation.

And then there's my neighbor who comes home from work every night at 10:20pm and remotely locks/confirms...etc...
So yeah, a pet peeve for sure.

Reactions: RobFrisco415

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
...and I'd like to choke all the 'great' folks out there locking/unlocking/BEEPING while I'm in a parking lot trying to maneuver/back-up/whatever. Wishing ALL manufacturers would use a different/QUIETER tone other than the actual vehicle's horn for this confirmation alert. Peace out.
Toyota has a un obnoxious beep.

As I walk away.... I actually listen for my door lock actuator that's in my tailgate. It's not a standard type actuator.

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is a false accusation on the highest of levels. I've never met @kc-guy in my entire life.....let alone beat on him. I would never interrupt anyone while logging in. My alibi can be verified by multiple witnesses.
Well there go my plans for the weekend. And here I thought we had something special.

·
Premium Member
10,239 Posts
I see the lights flash as my confirmation.

And then there's my neighbor who comes home from work every night at 10:20pm and remotely locks/confirms...etc...
So yeah, a pet peeve for sure.
And they confirm it multiple times. Wasn’t one beep sufficient? No they usually do it at least three times.

Clint

1 - 20 of 20 Posts