Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I see calmini makes a relocation kit for the lower control arms on a titan swap but what does it do? Is it necessary and how do I benefit from it any info helps. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
I somewhat remember this item being talked about in a previous post but can't find the link. A lot of the discussion within that post was negative toward the product because of it producing more stress on your setup. I could be completely wrong as this was long ago.

Here is a link to Calmini brochure on the item that has some more details if you havn't seen it already.

https://www.calmini.com/docs/marketing-d40-long-travel.pdf

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Those are for the shocks. They relocate the mounting position of the shocks if you are reusing the stock frontier shock.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well see according to calmini they relocate it for higher lift for a titan swap. I wish I could find someone that knows a little more

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
If you still plan on doing my tundra swap you don't want them. As mentioned these are really for running a stock length coilover and even then they really mess with the geometry according to Greg. The one guy I can think of that ran them said that had had to use a really heavy spring rate to compensate. I don't think he ran them long either and ended up removing them. The general census is that they are more trouble than they are worth. You also have to deal with calmini who has abysmal customer service...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aah Mann I tell u one thing if anyone knows there **** I swear it glamisdude. He always helps out on my posts and such lol. Glad he is here to help man thanks not buying haha stick to stock lower control arm mounts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you still plan on doing my tundra swap you don't want them. As mentioned these are really for running a stock length coilover and even then they really mess with the geometry according to Greg. The one guy I can think of that ran them said that had had to use a really heavy spring rate to compensate. I don't think he ran them long either and ended up removing them. The general census is that they are more trouble than they are worth. You also have to deal with calmini who has abysmal customer service...
Hey since I got u here is it wise to run a spacer on top of our tundra coilovers on a titan swap or this just asking for trouble?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts