Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just bought 5 quarts of MT-85 to replace the factory fill in my '10 Pro-4x 6spd manual trans with 90,000km. Thought I'd make a thread and post my results, plan to change it out tommorow after work. Anyone else running it in their 6mt?

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Done and a great result, shifter slides into gear easier with a cushioned feel. Will follow up with my thoughts when the weather cools off in fall. My original fluid was very clean, just a skim of fine grey metal on the magnet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I tried redline. I really liked it at first but it seemed to wear out pretty quickly. I was having trouble with my tranny grinding if I didn't pause when shifting from 5-6. When I first changed the fluid all the issues I was having went away, but about 5K later they all came back. I run amsoil MT 75W-90 now and I really like it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Redline uses the best ester base oils, fact is all their lubes are excellent. @ 12cst its the correct viscosity. amsoil is ok but i don't trust their products as they have switched to cheaper base oils thru the years. the diffs will be getting Redline as well!!

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
'15 SV 4x2 6-sp bought new.
Swapped in Amsoil at 12k miles. Recently swapped in Redline at 42k.
While I was impressed w/ the Amsoil, I gotta say this Redline is even more smooth. Shifting feels firmer and more solid...less gaps/endplay - if that even makes sense.

M226 rear diff:
Swapped in Amsoil at 3k and Amsoil again at 42k.
Will try Redline next swap.

·
Registered
329 Posts
finished ALL the lubes in my 11 SV 4.0 6 spd manual with Redlines recommendations + after checking the Dana web site + talking to Dave @ redline i used the 75-90 rather than the 75-140 as i just drive normally + only haul a little coal yearly. theres also a 75-110 but its not easy to find + costs more. the Spicer-Dana aluminum cover used on the Titan i installed said 75-140 on it but the enclosed paperwork noted synthetic 75-90 which i used. i am averaging 19 mpg with mostly local short driving + am very pleased with that!!! overall the truck is running great + a pleasure to drive IMO!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts