Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my CST spindles today that I ordered from PRG from their 6 inch front lift kit. But...both of them have physical damage to them, not sure if this was done by shipping or what but Im not very happy...Im attaching pics in hope to see if the damage is bad enough to make me return them.

I already emailed Greg the photos but I figure I post them here too...lemme know what you guys think of the damage, it looks as if I could bend that piece back but I dont knwo what its for and if it will hurt anything.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
man they"ll probably be alright from what I can see, but I got those spindles from greg too and for how much they are I wouldn't want to put them on my truck like that. Im pretty sure Greg wouldn't send anything to you in that condition though.

Could you tell if the packaging was damaged at all?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yea me too for 789 dollars I wouldnt expect flaws like that. Greg told me a few days ago they shipped directly from CST and I dont see any damage to the box, although all that was holding them in there was a type of brown paper.

I say send it back. I expect things to be perfect if they are new so screw that.
honestly...i would love to send them back, but my tires are so bald its ridiculous and the sooner i get the truck lifted the sooner I can put on the new 285/70s i have waiting for me. id hate to push it back another 2 weeks cause as of now i have to wait till may 15th to install anyways

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
meh. they wont stay pretty for long. little spray paint, bend that tab back - looks like a brake line holder. suck it up and put them on the truck
ill prob end up doing that as long as it wont ruin anything. the instructions said dont change the color of paint or anything cause it could weaken the spindles

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
...they shipped directly from CST and I dont see any damage to the box, although all that was holding them in there was a type of brown paper...
^yeah, that's how mine were packed too! Clanged around in the box huh?
Sucks to see that; if you're gonn beat the piss outta your truck don't worry about it.
I'd still call CST to see what they can arrange.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
yah id still call them just to see what they say. I wouldnt want to put something like that on my truck if its brand new, but I definitely know what you mean by wanting to get them on there. I hate dealing with things that could take forever when you could just deal with it.

Also that tab just holds the little rubber grommet on the abs line. Not insanely important. I've seen guys just zippy tie the abs line. Hahaha.

I do remember them only being boxed with that brown paper though. However, I picked them straight up from Greg when he lived down here. It's only paint damage and the tab bent right? As long as it looks like nothing is cracked it should be functional.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yah id still call them just to see what they say. I wouldnt want to put something like that on my truck if its brand new, but I definitely know what you mean by wanting to get them on there. I hate dealing with things that could take forever when you could just deal with it.

Also that tab just holds the little rubber grommet on the abs line. Not insanely important. I've seen guys just zippy tie the abs line. Hahaha.

I do remember them only being boxed with that brown paper though. However, I picked them straight up from Greg when he lived down here. It's only paint damage and the tab bent right? As long as it looks like nothing is cracked it should be functional.
Ya I was only worried about the tab mainly, I didnt know what it was for but if I can bend it back then maybe it should be fine. I really dont care too much about the scratches but its the whole principle of paying 800 dollars for a part and they arrive looking like they were bashed around.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I say just paint over the damage. My SS brake line on the driver's side rubbed a ton of paint off the spindle before I noticed the damage. I just prepped the area, painted over it with a coat of bedliner material, and wrapped the brake line with wire loom to keep it from rubbing again.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
no real problem with those, a bent tab and a scratch. yeah i would be irratated to if i got those but they are fine. no danger to put them on

1 - 13 of 13 Posts