Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 nissan frontier 3.3 L pick up. I had a leak in a heater hose coming from the heater core, then actually the heater tube broke too so I had to remove evaporator from inside under glove compartment. Anyways I had to remove AC lines going to evaporator so I had to release some freon. Im getting ready to put everything back together again but I know I will need to recharge my r134a. I just got a manifold freon gauge set. I needed to know how much freon I would need to fill it and do I need to add any oil for compressor? Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks:serious:

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
Having just done similar (abeit heater core on a Subaru) I found that it was not worth while to buy all the stuff to do it properly yourself. Since you opened the system loop there is now air and moisture in the lines, it really needs to be evacuated and then charged. Unless you have one of those fancy AC system vacuum/ rechargers, a DIY job will never work as good as what a shop can do with one of machines. The service (purge/evac/recharge) cost me $80, you'll easily surpass that just buying gauges and refrigerant. My advise is to just take it to a shop for this one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts