Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my recall notice on the towing harness today. It read in part "This is to ad-
vise you that Nissan is making this production enhancement available to you free of charge so that you will have the same protection should you ever tow a trailer with
a defective electrical system."

My truck does not have the towing package and that is probably why I did not receive
the notice until after I had already had the repair done.

From the wording in the notice it sounds like the problem is in the trailer system and not the truck system. They are doing this to prevent a faulty trailer system from causing
damage to our trucks.

OkieScot

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
It's a module, not aharness that needs to be replaced... and it is to prevent problems if the trailor wiring is faulty...

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, the service rep said he was ordering a wiring harness for my truck when I took it in. Since it was a no charge repair they did not give me a service ticket. I'll ask the
next time I go by the dealership.

OkieScot

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just got my 2005 Frontier back from the dealership -- I had to take it in because of some squeeking and a idle problem. They said there was a recall on the BCM harness (Recall # P52342) so they went ahead and replaced it. I think this is the same recall you talked about in your post.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I received the same notice yesterday, and I have the trailer tow package! I guess I need to schedule an appointment. I had been putting it off because I really haven't had the need to pull a trailer anyway, but might as well get it done if it's "free"! Nissan is sooo good to us!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts