Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found a recall for my truck (from 2010.) 2005 Nissan Frontier NISMO Off-Road RWD, "SERVICE PARTS SUS LOWER LINK."

Anyone have this done, know anything more about it? Sorry, I searched both "recall" and "lower link" in the suspension forum, without success. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
271 Posts
It's the lower control arm. They have issues with the welds failing. Look up the recall code online and there is a Nissan bulletin and it tells u if you have a recall as far as different control arms nd how to tell which control arms you have

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I knew it was the lower control arm, but I hadn't read anything about the problem on the forum (like radiator/trans.) Since the recall came out, in 2010, I heard nothing from Nissan. After reading a post where someone looked up their vehicle on Nissan's recall list, I thought I would just see what I came up with, and was taken by surprise. I wonder if there have been wrecks or damage because of the lower link? I have an appt. to get it taken care of.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just received the notice in the mail today. I have a 2007.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did not check the number on the link, before taking it in. Dealer said mine was not affected, even though I got the notice. So, if you have an aversion to dealerships, check the actual number on the link to see if it is affected, before taking it in.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Dealer said they checked mine when I took it in for ACU fix. Told me it was control arms rusting out issue and mainly in states with winter road salt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts