Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have probably 150k miles on one of these and the bearing(s) on at least the pitman arm side are sloppy. I still have the part on the truck and I don't remember what they looked like when I got it. Has anyone rebuilt one of these? Where can I find parts? As a last resort ill take it off and take it apart to measure the bearings but I was hoping to order now so I could put it back together in the same day.

It doesn't look like the website is up anymore. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, in case anyone in the future is looking for this info, I got in touch with Bryan from Grassroots4x4. He sent me the part numbers for the bearings from McMaster Carr which I got and installed today.

The process is pretty simple. Press the bearings out from one side. The bearings are 1 3/16 OD so you'll need a pusher with an OD just under that but with a recess or an ID of around 7/8 because of the swiveling part of the bearing. Pressing them out took some force. Bryan recommended at least a 40 ton in his original email to me. I used a 30 ton because it's what I had.

Once the old bearings are out, clean up the inside of the hole if needed with a drum sander or flap wheel on a die grinder and press the new ones in from each side until the body of the bearing or race is flush with the outside of the sleeve on the center link.

I replaced the hardware as well. Of course it's steering stuff so use grade 8. The bolts are 3" long and castle nuts with cotter pins must be used.

Hardware and bearings came to about $65-70 bucks. Bearing part number is 63195K18 at McMaster.com and you need 4 of them, two on each side.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Thanks, I bookmarked this for future reference if need be. I have a Center Link I recently got back from the guy at Grassroots but haven't put it on yet.
For all those who think he's out of business, He's not, you have to contact him through the email address on his page. He responds pretty quick. His website just looks like he's not really hungry for business and gets you wondering if he's still active.
Anyways, He sat on my Center Link for 3 weeks before returning it to me. So something to keep in mind. I had a spare and sent him that one. So no downtime for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts