Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a '10 Frontier Crew short bed. I didn't pay any attention to the rear wheel wells when I bought it... Wow, there are so many places for dirt, salt, etc. to collect I can't believe it! And, the fuel filler tube is exposed to everything. I live on a dirt/stone road and I'm having a hard time believing that everything in and around the rear wheel wells won't get beat to hell and rust and rot. Anybody have any problems with this? Any ideas on protecting these areas, mainly the fuel filler tube? I love the truck and I'd like it not to rot out prematurely...

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. Go check out a toyota, chevy or ford and it's pretty much the same thing.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I have an '05 LE KC and have not had any problems so far. My truck is low mileage and I have all paved roads so I will not be able to address your offroad concern. There are quite a few on here that off road so you should be able to get some legitimate data on this.

·
Super Moderator
11,535 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. Go check out a toyota, chevy or ford and it's pretty much the same thing.
My friend bought a Dodge Ram and found plastic fender liners to keep it clean under there. Too bad we don't have that option also.

Clint

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just enjoy the truck, there are no make out there that are perfect, when you own it, you'll find out that somethings you do not like it in anyway. I don't have any complain much about the truck that I owned, I just value/like the way it is. And let the warranty take the worry.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I'm not gonna worry about it. I've looked around and some trucks are lined, others aren't. I may however do the spray on bedliner like thebavarian said...

·
Registered
2017 frontier 4x4 sv crew cab
18 Posts
Just picked up a '10 Frontier Crew short bed. I didn't pay any attention to the rear wheel wells when I bought it... Wow, there are so many places for dirt, salt, etc. to collect I can't believe it! And, the fuel filler tube is exposed to everything. I live on a dirt/stone road and I'm having a hard time believing that everything in and around the rear wheel wells won't get beat to hell and rust and rot. Anybody have any problems with this? Any ideas on protecting these areas, mainly the fuel filler tube? I love the truck and I'd like it not to rot out prematurely...
Hand wash

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I'm sure the OP is probably not around anymore, as 10 plus years is more uncommon to own a vehicle, though I'm at 24 myself ( 92 Grand Prix STE 5 speed ), but anyhooo, after resurrecting the Zombie from the dead, this may help. I made these:

And will probably add these later when finances permit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts