Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WRP Technology is proud to announce that we are going to be exploring the option of making a rear sway bar for the Frontier.

I got a chance to examine what the bottom side of the rear looks like, and we are very confident that something can be made.

If this works out, this will eliminate a significant amount of body roll while stabalizing the vehicle in turns.

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
will, check out an Xterra rear. they have a sway bar, someone has rigged it onto a frontier, it's probably really flimsy but could be a good basis for design...

again, i love the idea, wish i had money to buy:-(

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already looked at the rear on the xterra - I am working on posting an image of a side by side comparison - I also think from my look up that they may be similiar in deisgn, but bolt points may be different

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
yeah that was the only variation, we have the same axles, only difference is sprung under on the X vs sprung over on the fronty, i know you'll figure something out. i just talked to drew, he said he's having a "good time" with your SE-R:-D

also, i'm sure you know there are two different axle options, the m226 and c200

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
here is the frontier -

here is the xterra

HKYStormFront said:
yeah that was the only variation, we have the same axles, only difference is sprung under on the X vs sprung over on the fronty, i know you'll figure something out. i just talked to drew, he said he's having a "good time" with your SE-R:-D

let him know that if he hurts it, Jaime will have his head :)

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
This would be great, like Richie said, if I had a street truck. Seeing as how I took my front sway bar off though, I can't see myself w/ this. I would, however, like some sway-bar disconnects.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
they let you run a sway bar, but when you get to the trial, you pop the disconnects, and run without the bar.

when you are ready to leave, reconnect it and good road manors are back

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
exactly what they sound like, sway bar endlinks that allow for easy disconnect for better articulation while off-roading

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Will you are killing me....

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
wheel hop is caused by the springs "winding up" for want of a better word. The diff tries to turn and the spring goes so far then bounces back and causes the rear to hop. The only way to fix that is to use torque bars (ladder bars,tramp rods etc)or a bar that stops the diff from turning on the springs .
Sway bars stop the truck from body rolling as much.

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
njnismo said:
do you think this will impact the wheel hop that occurs in our trucks in any way either positively or negatively?
you need to talk to shinermiller about that, he made something for that for his truck. a rear sway bar will help handling because it will keep the rear end down in turns, right now it rotates so much it can pull the truck around in some situations

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i am working on this as a bolt on option - it looks good so far - i got to explore with Drew's truck a little today

·
Registered
121 Posts
wperdigon said:
WRP Technology is proud to announce that we are going to be exploring the option of making a rear sway bar for the Frontier
Sounds great, put me down for one! But i ordered a set of custom -3" drop leaf springs, will this be a problem with installation?

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
i would love a front disconnecting one and the rear... i think if it had that option, more people wil be interested because all of us aren't street trucks. YOU ARE THE MAN WILL. Keep them comming, tax returns in a while. hahaha

·
Banned
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well, for now I am exploring a sway bar for stock suspension - any aftermarket suspension you guys have will have to be taken into account for on your each vehicle case by case

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
wperdigon said:
well, for now I am exploring a sway bar for stock suspension - any aftermarket suspension you guys have will have to be taken into account for on your each vehicle case by case
so far every aftermarket lift available for the frontier utilizes the stock sway bar up front, some include different end links...

1 - 20 of 131 Posts