Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We turned 2013 SV into a work Truck. Has a shell on the bed with side bins and a ladder rack with a conduit tube. The bed always has a load in it.

The rear has an obvious sag. And the way the truck sits, or so I'm told, the tires on the rear are cupped.

Looking for suggestions on either stiffer rear suspension or if we just need to raise the rear an inch to make up for the sag.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
You should look into stiffer springs. With a constant load the factory springs will eventually flatten out and sag even more so lifting the rear will only be a temporary solution.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
OME HD rear leaf springs, and some LT tires.

·
Super Moderator
3,195 Posts
I agree with above. You definitely want to make sure your tires are load rated for the weight you are carrying on them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure of the load rating on these. We never even thought about it when buying it. We wanted to standardize with frontiers or Tacoma for service vehicles. But couldn't find an affordable for us v6. Didn't take into account 4 bangers aren't really made like a TRUCK.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'm not sure of the load rating on these. We never even thought about it when buying it. We wanted to standardize with frontiers or Tacoma for service vehicles. But couldn't find an affordable for us v6. Didn't take into account 4 bangers aren't really made like a TRUCK.

Your truck most likely has a P Metric 265/70R16 tire rated at 2,400 pounds and perhaps up to 2,600 pounds with the P Metric 265/75R16 tires If you're always running the truck in a loaded state indeed you should look at an LT tire which will carry a load rating of 2,800 to 3,400 depending on the size and brand selected... You really should be considering Old Man Emu upgraded springs OR Firestone air bags since you're always running the truck in a loaded condition.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts