Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear springs are flat, maybe in a negative arch. I have 2 inch blocks but what good are blocks if the negative arch absorb the blocks.
I don't remember but:
Are they normally flat and/or negative arch like that?
If I take out the blocks and add leaves, will they eventually go flat again?
What do you guys recommend?

2007, CC, Nismo, 4x4, PRG uca, Radflo, blocks for now.

thanks

·
Premium Member
12,069 Posts
frontier leaves do that. not that they arent supposed to do it. they just do. you can get a whole new leaf pack. or drop the blocks and to a aal to help give arch and support and keep your lift.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
blocks make the frontier packs worse i'd lose the blocks and get an AC 3 pack AAL

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
My set up was AC real shackles with the factory leafs and in no time they were not only flat, but kinda "s" shaped. 2 weeks ago put new factory leafs and shackles in with a AC 3aal and there is a nice arch to the spring now. Time will tell if they will be flat again???

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking of AC 3aal.
How much lift will this yield?
What shocks should I order with this?

·
Registered
572 Posts
well i had the same problem with my truck until i got the deaver AAL from greg

·
Registered
637 Posts
Or go with the OME full repacement leaf pack, a little spendy but I hear they are very nice.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
the springs are for the most part flat from the factory, when you add blocks even though the contact area with the spring is larger moving the axle down farther puts more torque on the springs when you accelerate causing them to wear faster, also when you add longer shackles because of the geometry changes that you make to the entire spring assembly you effectively are lowering the spring rate of the leafs which will also cause them to go negative. really the best thing you can do when modding your rear is add a leaf systems or full new leaf pack like the OEM lifts or custom made ones like andy's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts