Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:x I thought I would share this with everyone and maybe it could be of some use for someone in the future. I bought my truck 2 weeks ago and I noticed the day I took it home that the rear sliding window did not have a locking latch. I called nissan and they told me they would get the part. Well to fix the problem they have to remove the head-liner and then bring a glass shop tech. to cut out the rear window. They've had my truck for a whole day and it's still not ready. Just not the kind of information I wanted to hear on my 2 weeks old truck. They didn't seem sorry about the issue. I had to request them to provide me with a rental car. You would think they would of caught this during the vehicle inspection. I was just happy to get my truck that day that I didn't notice it. Just letting some steam out, sorry!

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I checked mine and it does have a latch. The latch on both
sides is plastic so I don't think it affords all that much security. Also the window is so small no one but a child could get through it.

Of course someone could knock the whole window out and get in, but they could do that even if you have a latch. With the issues it takes to resolve the missing latch I am not sure that I wouldn't just leave it as it is, but I don't have an expensive stereo sys-
tem in my truck.

OkieScot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts