Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Smashed the back sliding window out of my 2003 frontier a couple weeks ago. I was wondering is there is any way of replacing just the sliding piece of glass instead of the whole back window? It's a Manuel window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
190 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question, but I can tell you that you can definitely find those sliding windows for sale fairly cheap (<$100) on used parts websites...

·
Premium Member
7,125 Posts
Yes it can. Call a mom&pop glass shop. I had it done on my '00 quite a few years ago. He was able to slide it out of the track for the repair. <$100 IIRC.

If you call a windshield/autoglass shop, they tell you you need to change the whole thing for big bucks. Ask me how I know. -heh-

If you break one of the outer windows, then the whole rear frame/glass/etc might very well need to be replaced...so consider yourself lucky!!

·
Premium Member
7,125 Posts
Did a search through my email and found that it was closer to $115 parts&labor...but back in '09. That sliding window is merely tempered safety glass...so easily replaced.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did a search through my email and found that it was closer to $115 parts&labor...but back in '09. That sliding window is merely tempered safety glass...so easily replaced.

Yeah I figured it wouldn't be hard to do, after talking to a few auto glass spots and everyone insists that I have to get the whole back window replaced and that it will cost around $320!! Looks like I'm gonna have to call up some scrap yards.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a nice headache rack, did you make it? Any more pictures of it?

I don't have any right now but il send you some tomorrow. The guy I bought it off of had it made up and is it ever a good spot for some lights!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Awesome, if it were mine i would run one led bar on the top facing forward and one on top of the flat bar enclosure facing rearward

Too bad it didn't do it's job to protect the glass though. How is it mounted?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome, if it were mine i would run one led bar on the top facing forward and one on top of the flat bar enclosure facing rearward

Too bad it didn't do it's job to protect the glass though. How is it mounted?

Just got 3, 9 inch bars for the roof and it's drilled and bolted through the rails on the bed of the truck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts