Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have just competed the removal of the rear bench seat in my '03' off road cc with x-bed. The rear bench seat is of little use unless you have small children. It was pretty straight forward: 10 bolts held the bench, lap belts and seat back. I installed 1/2" 1x6 along the back by drilling two holes and used self-tapping screws. Then a 2x2 on top of the seat mount. I attached this with a 4"x4" metal corner brace, which i bent around the underside of this 2"x2". I then drilled two holes for this bracket attached with two sheet metal screws. I then placed a 2' x 4' 5/8" plywood on top drilled thru to the 1"x6" in back and the 2"x2" in the front. I then used eye-bolts(four along the front edge and one each on both sides). Having already removed the jack, I placed it on top of the plywood under the rear mount marked the foot-print(to cut out later, as two layers of wood made it difficult to replace the jack there). I then removed the screws holding the front brackets and the screws along the back and took the assembly out. This allowed me to cover this with carpet, which was stapled underneath. I now have a large, flat cargo area (two feet by 4 feet). The eye-bolts are used along with three attachment points(which were located behind the seat back bulkhead) to secure any cargo. There is bonus space under cargo shelf, for fishing poles, etc.

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
Subscribed! We need pics!
I thought about doing this but the rear seat is usually where the puppy goes.

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
How were you trying to upload? Usually you have to host them somewhere like picasa, photobucket etc.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Definitely need pics.
I've been meaning to do this for awhile now, but havent gotten around to it, mostly because I didnt know how hard it was to do and am lazy.

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts

Is the platform resting on the bottom shelf of the body where the rear seat used to sit?

Also, for uploading your photos you just copy/pase the location into these
Which are the little mountain picture icon on the reply box.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
[/IMG][/IMG]the platform is resting on the body. once you remove the seat cushion;this is not flat; you'll see that underneath there is molded front rail. when removing the seat back, notice the flat shelf(this is what the jack sits on). when i layed down the 2' x 4' ply, to make it level i had to use a 2"x2" on that rail. hope this helps. i used it this last week for camping trip and much more room for gear.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Great idea I have thought about doing this as well. Has anyone toyed with the idea of cutting the hump out of the floor and flipping it upside down and welding back in place. This would create some sort of in floor storage area and I dont think there is anything underneath that would interfere.

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
That hump is there for the driveshaft.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good to know, was just a thought. Maybe there is a way to make it flat on the sides, probably just to much work involved

1 - 11 of 11 Posts